xisto Community
omarsdali

Paint.net: Ms Paint Alternative PAINT.NET: MS Paint Alternative

Hey guys

I just want to share with you this very cool image editing software called PAINT.NET, it's like ms paint but it's loaded with tons of great feature, and it's very easy to use because it has a very simple interface. It gets even better, PAINT.NET is absolutly free and the download size is only 1.5MB.

Here is a description of it from a diffrent website:

Paint.NET is probably the BEST free image and photo editor on the Internet. Don’t confuse the Windows built-in Microsoft Paint with Paint.NET. It is different and Paint.NET is far superior than Microsoft Paint.
Paint.NET supports layers and it is usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software such as Photoshop. Layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.

Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting. Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image’s brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned. If that is not enough, you can visit Paint.NET plugin forum to get more free effects plugin.

Can you believe that Paint.NET installation file is only 1.65MB? It might not be as powerful as Photoshop but the file size is surprisingly small for an image editing software that is packed with powerful features!

Most importantly, Paint.NET is Open Source and FREE!

Download PAINT.NET now from here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from rvalkass:

You must use QUOTE tags on anything you copy.
Copied from /search?q=cache:4k-lAt%3Dclnk&gbv=1&sei=WLAxWLGvKeSpjwS5y47ADA
Xisto Readme

Edited by omarsdali (see edit history)

I use this program because it is a free alternative to paintshop. A lot of the functions are cool and it is similar to photoshop.Recommended for anyone who is sick of using paint but can't afford photoshop.

I haven't used this application so far.But it's seems if sometime still use plain old computers like me ( PII with 512MB, GeForce 400mx ).It would be hard to smoothly executing this application.Even I have running the .net Framework runtime 2.0 on my Windows 2000 System.It still slow when get run some .net framework-based application.So, it best use for users who have P4 machines with 2 G or above.But anyway, thanks for sharing of this great application.

Loved the feedback but when trying to download and install my security program alerted me to the fact that this contains AD-WARE.So its a no go for me.