xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GodFather

Godfather (xbox360)

Hello all,

Now I ordered the game, The Godfather for the Xbox 360 off E-bay for around ?16 the other week. It finally came and I love it. The game play I think is great. Although there isn't that many missions, I think it is very good. You start off as an outsider and work your way up into the Corleone mafia family. Then you work through the in game ranks earning respect for shooting other gang members, robbing banks, extorting people.

Extortion:

This has to be my favorite thing in the game. Basically you force the owner of a business into paying protection money. There are 5 ways and they have 1 weak spot each. If you find that, you will get a better reward. Some it is trashing there business, others it is actually beating them up.

Achievements:

Now although there is only 850 gamer score to be earnt, the achievements are pretty good. Some are like extort 10 businesses, others are gain a certain around of respect. There are achievements for getting more respect and it isn't that hard to do that. Only the 50g for getting 50 respect level is hardest. Now lots of people on other forums have been saying they are going to put it to 1000G, but I don't think they are. If you are wanting to get an easy game for achievements, I wouldn't recommend this.

The map:

The map is pretty big and actually nicely done. It is set quite a while ago, so it has old cars etc. Another cool feature is you actually play while the area is being loaded. That in my opinion is unique to this game.

The Missions:

Now I don't think the actual story missions are that hard to be honest, as I completed 90% of them in an hour before turning it off for a break.

Graphics:

Although this isn't the newest of games, the graphics aren't really that bad. It looks quite good on an High Definition TV.

Online Play:

There isn't an online play. Although there are some extra down loadable contents which you can buy through the use of Microsoft Points. You can buy in game money, but I don't recommend doing this as you can easily make that money. And also there is some quite good gamer pictures to buy as well, having bought a pack myself.