xisto Community
mrdee

Html Editors Seem 'persona Non Grata'. Problems with running HTML editors.

It looks like my PC has something against HTML editors.I use Coffeecup HTML Editor 2007 and I also have Dreamweaver CS.In both cases, when I am editing web pages, whenever I switch from one task to another, eg. after editing do a save, or do a preview or whatever, both programs (Coffeecup even to a bigger extend) stop responding for a good while, quite often 45 secs.- 1 min minimum.You can imagine how much time that wastes during editing, not to mention the frustration it causes.My PC has a P4 dual core 2.8 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 250 Gb HDD, Win Xp SP2, the HDD is regularly defragged.I also posted on the Coffeecup forum , they asked me if I had installed a new firewall or antivirus software.I have installed a new firewall, but the problem started long before that.They also advised me to uninstall and then re-install the program, I did, and the problem stopped for a few minutes, only to come back worse than ever.The funny thing is, that problem only seems to happen with HTML editing software, coincidence or what?If any one has (had) a similar problem or knows a solution, please let me know.Thanks in advance.

are you editing the same file in both CC and DW? I only had one problem before with previous versions of DW they seem to take up a a lot of resources to run since its a big program and my mac only had 512mb memory. since switching to latest version of DW it runs better.Does it lag when running only both programs at once? if so the problem might be there.

I got DW because of the problem with CC.I never run both at the same time.The thing is, they both used to work OK.It is only recently that DW has began to wobble too.Thanks for your reply.