xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pyost

Cronjobs Stopped Functioning

I have a PHP script that is ran on a daily basis through CronJobs (by using wget). The script compiles a MySQL database backup, stores is on the server, and sends it to my e-mail address. However, as of the 19th November (when I received the last backup), it is not working for some reason. I tried to run it manually, but without success. Has there been any PHP or MySQL update recently which might have effected this script?Also, while the script was working, there was an odd issue which I didn't mind at all, but it might be a good thing to mention it. The backup script was set to run every day at 03:00, which it did, but it also ran at 09:00 :) Maybe I overlooked something...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

May I know the following details :-

1. Server Name ?
2. Ticket ID ?

If your details are confidential, Please submit a ticket and give its ID.

instead of wget, Try :-

/usr/bin/php -q /home/YOURUSERNAME/public_html/PATH/cron.phpOR/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/YOURUSERNAME/public_html/PATH/cron.php

I'm hosted on the ETA server, and my username is mgforum. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the Cron Job, as the script does get run, but it produces an empty backup and sends no e-mail. The same happens when I run it manually, too.

Also, I haven't opened a ticket as this doesn't pose a real problem to me - it's just a script that's not doing what it should.

Edited by pyost (see edit history)