xisto Community
MoTion MaN

Can We Live Without Mobile Phone?

I was born in the time that we have no idea what mobile phone is. I remember that I was quite happy to live in that age. I could make an appointment with my friends. I could get along with (ex-) girlfriend. I use public phone to call back home when I have to go home late. All of these without mobile phone.

Today, same for me, we became so nervous when we forgot to bring mobile phone outside. We are not comfortable to use public phone anymore. We start relationship by asking "mobile phone" number from the target.

It looks very useful until I can't imagine anymore how do we live without it. Is this just a matter of perception? Or it really became crucial already?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
We don't take kindly of your plagiarisms around here -- Skeeter "South Park"
Copied source: http://www.mylot.com/post/1334725/can-we-live-without-mobile-phone

Ofcourse, we live without mobile phone. In this time mobile phone is our need, because time is fast and all persons want to convert their message or contact each other with fast way. I used my mobile phone daily to contact people of my business,family members,pay bills,watch news,send and receive messages etc... but sometime i am very upset when i don't want to talk the person but they call me continusly. i can live without mobile phone. but its also right i can't feel comfortable without it.

I see many peoples who don't have cell phone because they don't want to interfare anyone at anytime. They think that with cell phone they don't feel comfortable.

I think some people live without mobile phone and some not live without mobile phone, (according to need)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

I was born in the time that we have no idea what mobile phone is. I remember that I was quite happy to live in that age. I could make an appointment with my friends. I could get along with (ex-) girlfriend. I use public phone to call back home when I have to go home late. All of these without mobile phone.

Today, same for me, we became so nervous when we forgot to bring mobile phone outside. We are not comfortable to use public phone anymore. We start relationship by asking "mobile phone" number from the target.

It looks very useful until I can't imagine anymore how do we live without it. Is this just a matter of perception? Or it really became crucial already?

1. The headings is not correct. We can live without mobile phone. You by yourself said that in the body of your posting.

2. But the mobile phone give this generation a more facilities and compfort.

3. I all the time remind my kids how lucky they are and how we lived without the computers, the internet, TV, VCR, DVD, ipod, cell phone, video camera, etc..... All are now in colour, monitors, photos, books,magazines,...

4. How we searched about books and scientific articles before.

5. How we copy pages on hand before the copiers and between these copiers were many attempts[ not neceassary the details].

6. How people traveled before areoplanes. In signing the federation of Australia, the west Australia delegate was three days late.. They came by ship and was trouble in the sea.

7. Our generation [the elders] were also lucky by inviting printing machines before that books were writen by hands. I saw the thesis of my supervisor was written by hands.

8. Also our generation was lucky than previous generation by invition of rail , electric light and power, telegraph and telephone.

9. Last weeks we was watching films about Captin Cook who discover Australia, New Zealand, Antractica etc. He was in seas without for years without any comunications with London or his wife for years. There were no radio and telegraph or telephone .

10 But life can without all these but is not easy.

11. I say to my kids that as our generation brought to you these facilities you also have to give the next generation more invintion and utilities.

I think it would be very hard to live without a mobile phone today. I can't imagine how we used to live without it, I mean even I experienced it and can't remember the feeling :D I think that we called each other using the normal phone and we had to be a lot more on time, because the person you were meeting wouldn't know why you are late...I think that we are a lot more mobile today, because if we wait for an important call, we don't need to be at home waiting...But there is also a question whether this is good or not..I think that people always find a way to communicate and socialize, but in the past there was more need for phisical meetings and people had to meet each other if they wanted to stay in contact...today computers, mobile phones and everything make it possible to have contact with friends and relatives directly from home...Like every thing, mobile phones also have a good and a bad side :)

I can't live without it... I have it from 8 years now and i get connected with it. I can't imagine to live it at home... but it is constantly around me... can we try to turn it off for a week? I want to open a threa about it

Sure, like any technology you can manage without it if you really need to. Buuut, it makes things so much easier! :DI sometimes leave mine at home if I don't have any need to be contacted, but I must admit I do worry what would happen if someone tried to contact me. Since my sister-in-law is pregnant at the moment, I'm keeping it to hand :P

Well, I think if cell phones weren't so common, people would find it easier to get along without them. But cell phones are superior to landlines.It's kind of difficult to reach some people if they don't have a cell phone, because they're out so often. Also, if you don't want the person's family/roommates picking up the phone, and they don't have a cell phone, good luck. Another thing is, cell phones offer more privacy than landlines. It's a lot harder to eavesdrop on a cell phone conversation.Landlines are completely useless if you're in an emergency, or worried about someone who's not at home. If someone is out and you need to tell them to do something while they're out (like give them a shopping list or something), they're going to need a cell phone.I know a few people who don't have cell phones, and it's either because they don't want to be reachable 24/7, but there are only three situations in which this would be socially acceptable: if you're so important you'd be constantly bothered, if you're doing something you'd rather not be caught doing, or if you're so unimportant nobody would notice if you disappeared.I guess phones do make things more dehumanized, but everything has tradeoffs.

Of course we can... or at least we could. And I suppose if theres some kind of magnetical shock that blocks all cell phones we could live, but we would be a little worried because now we're used to be in touch 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, in theory we can but human progress have showed that it's not easy to go back one step in "progress". We know for example that we're killing the planet but we're not going to stop driving big cars, are we? So, imagine with cell phones that there's no reason to stop using them (as there's no proof that they produce cancer, etc). So, we could but we're not going to do it.I agree that we lived so much better without this constant nervous state... I've forgot my phone / maybe someona calls me / my battery is running out / etc. We forget about real problems.But it would be worst if we had to forget about Internet, though.

I really feel kind of sad reading some of the replies to this thread.Seriously, have you guys really become so dependent on cell phones? XDI used to get on fine without them,And you know whatThis may shock youBut I still do. :PI don't have a cell phone, or mobile phone, or any of those fancy little gizmos people are sporting aroundAnd I'm perfectly fine without them.Maybe it's just because I'm never really 'mobile' so I really have no reason to care about having a phone with me.Anytime someone needs to reach me, 9999 times out of 10,000, I will be either at home or right beside a land-line somewhere that I can use.So the need for a mobile phone doesn't really present itself all that much for me.Oh wellSomeday, I'll be sure to get a cellphone for myself, and then my opinion will probably change.

I do have a cell phone. If it blew up in flames, yes of course I would go anduse public phones... if I find one because there are less now.I could go and do things without my fone, but I like to txt peopleand chat to them, 60000 people at a time, kinda hard to talk to that manyat once.People are not RELIANT on mobile phones, they just recon that they need them,but if they got out there and got a phone card... they would be fine for CALLS (what about camera, reminders, alarms, txts etc these come in GREAT handy)

Yeah well this is really hard to see as you might and you might not work it out without mobile phone I have friend that are technology freak but they dislike mobile phones and in fact don't use them because of several reasons first they usually say that theyy in fact lik e to have their own time but sometimes they needed and then they go and borrow it so even if you are like those persions and you dislike phones and like to have your own time for yourself sometimes sooner or later you will need it and then you will have to borrow it and consequently throw away everything you are working for all those years.

I feel that I use my mobile for more of a convenience thing, its great if I'm on the road or away from home, but if I had the choice of course I'd much rather do work on a desktop or my notebook. The good thing about a cell phone is the portability, try carrying around a laptop with instant access to messages/emails/the internet like you can with a good cell phone. Although there are new cell service provider notebook wireless cards, service plans are still a bit pricey for a decent amount of data transfer.Cell phones aren't going anywhere, and if you want to get away from the constant distraction just turn it off! Duh. Haha

Well, We CAN live without mobile phones.Egiptians didn't use phones and they got toghether quite well, so did Romans.We aren't any different, we don't need phones to live.It just makes life "easier", but there's no more for it. Sometimes I feel that we are becoming too lazy because of all this gadgets, and I'm not against them, it's just that I know that we don't need any phone to live. We feel so because we like to feel comfortable, and technology haves that purpose "make human life more convenient, more confortable"... in the other hand they forgot to say "but more lazy too".

Well, We CAN live without mobile phones.Egiptians didn't use phones and they got toghether quite well, so did Romans.
We aren't any different, we don't need phones to live.
It just makes life "easier", but there's no more for it. Sometimes I feel that we are becoming too lazy because of all this gadgets, and I'm not against them, it's just that I know that we don't need any phone to live. We feel so because we like to feel comfortable, and technology haves that purpose "make human life more convenient, more confortable"... in the other hand they forgot to say "but more lazy too".

I completely agree! I like a mobile phone so I can text friends, but I could go and meet them at a cafe or something. I also like it for calling... but there is payphones.

Phones do make life easier... and people do not want a hard life because they have never experienced one, or are used to the easy life.