xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Data Structure -- Trees -- Threaded Binary Tree

A binary tree having a loop is known as a threaded binary tree.Have a look at the attachment to have an idea of a threaded binary tree....A's right child is B and B's left child is A.Write an algorithm to find out whether the given tree is a threaded binary tree.post-50968-1195554505_thumb.jpgLook for time and space complexity.

Adding Elements to a threaded binary treeData Structure -- Trees -- Threaded Binary Tree

Using the most efficient way I muss add  50.000 elements in a tree.The key nodes are integers between [-50.000.000 to 5.000.000]. No deleting operation is needed

I need to write a little java code about this but don't get the idea well, so need so tips

thnks guys!

-question by Mubo

You wont believe it, but your teachers from uni read forums as well... So maybe you want to look into informatik-forum.At... But to answer your question:

Look up the insert-method in regular Binary Trees (p 75) and think about how to modify it so it works with threadedBinaryTrees. You'd probably want to think about getting the parent of a node without using a stack or a parent-var. For that I can recommend Depth-First Search, since in a TBT some of the node's child-thread points back to the original nodes parent.

Hope that was a little helpfull