xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Maths Some Love it Some hate it

Hi, friends , Maths its all about some love it and some hate it , in my case too the same , but unfortunately i hated it in the beggining and loved it at the end. I wanna share the real life experiece on maths , maths is all about analytical stuffs , integral diffrential and so on this was the thing i had in my mind and in the starting stages i was flunking in maths, but my last maths paper was just Discrete mathsDiscrete maths the term was new to me . So anyway since it was my last maths i started to study that and to my surpirse i saw no integral, no diffrential and nothing so i liked it then only i came to know that in maths there is another side : The application maths , even thoug i was not so strong in the integrals and diffrential i was able to understand the application maths so easily It was all related to comuters and networks , fully it was network flow and so on, So i encourage those who are intrested in computers Learn Discrete maths.SHARE YOUR REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE WITH MATHS HERE >>>>

Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

I agree. I've had tutors teaching me maths since I was little. I guess it grows on you because I absolutely love it now... sad as it may seem.Maths is about logic, I reckon. Just because if you work it out, and you write it on paper, but you get the answer wrong, you can always go back and check, go back and check.I understand it, it's not too difficult. Something is either wrong, or right. For example, take english, who knows what's wrong or right? Not to mention all the different terms as well. It's one thing I'm kind of good at... I've got a great deal of learning left, but I'm 50% certain I'm going to include maths in my career.Nothing much more to say really... But I thoroughly enjoy maths, because it's easy? Partly, but it's fun in a sense that you go... "Oh yeah!"

I am definatly a math hater. Just the other day I was trying to balance my check book. I added the same numbers 5 times and came up with 4 different answers. AND I WAS USING A CALCULATOR!!!!! It's like that every time I try to do math. I guess the skill is just beyond me, I have tried and tried and I always end up having to go to the bank and let them do it for me. You would think at my age I would have that figured out but I just don't get it.

I was doing ok in math up until year 9-10 in school but after that with too many distractions from school I just lost it. I mean I couldnt understand the conecpts easily and the times I did my memory would fail me the next day and I'd forget all over again. After high school I was bumming around for abit until I went to uni then I had to take some maths papers. Man did I fail that badly. Again due to lack of commitment and hard work I struggled to understand. I really do like maths growing up it was one of my favourite subjects but somehow I lost it. I can remember my teacher back in high school almost desperately trying to help me learn and understand when I was heading down the bad road. She was a lovely teacher. But yeah at Uni I failed two maths papers twice.Now I'm only able to do simple addition, subtraction and division /sigh. I need to get my head straight and pass them this year.edit:oh by the way do we have some kind of math forum here or something where you could ask questions? I mean It could be a pretty good place to learn and talk about the different kinds of maths subjects.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)