xisto Community
.hack//GU

New Kingdom Hearts To Surface

After the annual event of Tokyo Game Show 2007, SquareEnix released the 'closed megatheater' for the new Kingdom Hearts titles. And for you who loved consoles or even PCs, this could be not a good news. However, if you had one of PSP or even NDS, then this news is a great news for you and me (I owned NDS by the way).

The new Kingdom Hearts titles were released in PSP (Portable Sony Playstation) with the name of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. At the moment before TGS'07 I've ever watched a trailer of Kingdom Hearts, and that was when the news of Kingdom Hearts 3 were issued (even until now no official news of Kingdom Hearts 3 were exist). The secret trailers were for this new Kingdom Hearts : Birth by Sleep.

After Sora, Kairi and Riku were back at Destiny Island, everything come to a good ending. That's when SquareEnix told us that Birth by Sleep happened in the past, for certain 10 years in the past, before the first Kingdom Hearts. The story followed that one man known as Keyblade Master named Xehanort was dangerous, and another Keyblade Master sent three of his students Terra, Aqua, and Vent to stop whatever Xehanort done.

The trailer showed us a scene somewhere inside the game itself, the battle between Terra, Vent, and Aqua fought the follower of Xehanort, ended in defeat of the three. The graphics were stunning, really I had thought this was for nex-gen consoles, but turned out only an FMV for PSP. The gameplay sounds nice, where we could have three different stories for Vent, Terra, and Aqua in their pursuit. I've been trying to have a trailer for the gameplay, but I couldn't, only still images I found.

The next one is for ones who didn't have PSP at the moment. This is Kingdom Hearts who had somewhat unique (or weird) name, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days released for DS (Nintendo Dual-Screen). For the trailer I haven't found any of them, but from the info I had, this game based on the days Roxas had within Organization XIII, the days where Sora was sleeping from the event of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories in Oblivion Castle.

Other than info for the speculation of the name coming from, which is we could use more than 1 player (yes, multiplayer so we could use Axel also), I have no other information of this game. I wonder when BlueLaguna.net or khinsider.com will share the new informations about this game... Well, for the gameplay, some said it is slight different than usual Kingdom Hearts and we could hope for the new usage for the stylus for DS. They better had more usage than just pointing (like in Final Fantasy III).

Lastly, well so many of the fans were not very satisfied for the last of three new Kingdom Hearts, which released for handphone, which (maybe) only covered the whole Japan region only (like Final Fantasy XIII: Agito). This is Kingdom Hearts: Coded, where we played as Jimminy Cricket. I haven't heard about the story other than King Mickey told Jimmy to search for the lost pages of his diary... and the new battle system named Coded itself.

So, there they are, the three new Kingdom Hearts title that I've found out at the moment. When I had new information (release date I presume) I'll share again.

Birth By Sleep ironically is on the verge of keeping me awake all night now. I am obsessed with KH since the second installment and cannot wait to see what they come up with next in this upcoming one. I believe that in someway they should look for more feedback from the fans so that more ideas are kept fresh instead of doing what many gaming company nowadays do which is letting them get old. First off, they really need to especially think about customized Keyblade modes. Instead of giving us keyblades they should give us keyblade parts for every boss battle won it'd be depending on the player how strong their blade would be and where around their stats would the blade be strong whether it'd be ACC, STA, or RES. It should reflect somehow on our thoughts as a whole group instead of the same-ol' thing. I just hope they had some feedback from the last installment so that they think about something like this for the upcoming one.

Yeah, I read about this on http://www.khinsider.com/ I cant wait to see how Roxas got into the Org. in the first place, and what happened between him and Axel when they became friends to the time when he left. Thats... 358/2 isnt it? Also, they have screenshots on there of Birth By Sleep, one of the people on there, Ren, looks strikingly like Roxas, Nomura really has outdone himself with three new installments to the game. :)Birth By Sleep really caught my eye though, Im still left in wonder what are the Ketblade wars, who were the three people, when did it happen and when did it end, this has left me wanting to play the game, sheer curiosity to the mystery... I sound like some game package... >< But cant wait to play it. That moble phone one though... Coded, Im not to thrilled with that one, Im not too muchova puzzle guy, and it really didnt catch my eye, to some poeple it may be a dream come true, puzzle with KH, but not me, I like action, not puzzle.

Sadly, however, all those games are not KH III which means we won't be seeing any new additions to the storyline until KH III comes out *if there is one that is*. I have heard rumors, which ofcourse I do not believe, lamentingly I await Sora's return in KH III on the PS3 or on any other system. *I"ll Get it after reviews*. So yeah not much going on now, just gonna wait and see how birth by sleep is going in terms of entertainment and captivating storylines.