xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Movie Review - Beowulf by Saint Michael

Well I just seen Beowulf and I have to say it was 100 times better then the Christopher Lambert version, still wondered why I got that movie. Anywoo if you ever read the story to Beowulf you know are several versions to the story, and from what I saw it seems like a part of the original and another version. It's hard to tell since its been years since I read the story although I think this version is like 95% original version from the studio who produced it because of some of the stuff that happen in this movie.I will state OMG on Angelina Jolie :rolleyes:, they did a good job rendering her, although I think someone else did the voice but I didn't stay long enough for the credits to see if she voice it or not. What I found good about this movie is the fact it seems more realistic then any other version, as they used the pre-medieval Europe well in this movie. Interestingly enough they had quite a bit of comedy in it and you get to see it very well in this movie. As for the voice acting they quite a good job to the hit the rough and tough guy voices well, although I think they could have added more of tint of a Norwegian accent though I think it would have help just a bit. Regardless though the story was great as it was retold once again, and so here is my box office prediction for this movie.I would say that this movie will barely break the 100 Million Dollar mark since we are getting into the holiday season and its up against some tough competition and it seems CGI movies have lost some of its power in the box office recently but we should see what happens on Monday though.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified.

WOW beowulf mmm, yes i remember now i took my girlfriend to see that movie. i had no idea i was fiction i had seen the preview online and i would see that the movie looked somewhat weir but i had no idea why and still it didn't really see that fictional, but when i got the tickets they ask if 3d and i said yes until i was in the room that i realize that it was just a cartoon, it came out to be an OK movie that great to come out of the theaters talking with your girlfriend and saying 'oh like that part were ....." you know but it happens i just wanted to see a movie.

Well i really want to see that movie, do you have the full cast in voices or any lead where i can find it?

telatoyo...here is a list of most of the cast and their voices from imdb.com

Cast (Cast overview, first billed only)

Robin Wright Penn ... Wealthow (as Robin Wright-Penn)

Anthony Hopkins ... Hrothgar
Paul Baker ... Musician #1
John Bilezikjian ... Musician #2
Rod D. Harbour ... Musician #3
Brice Martin ... Musician #4 (as Brice H. Martin)
Sonje Fortag ... Gitte
Sharisse Baker-Bernard ... Hild

Charlotte Salt ... Estrith

Julene Renee ... Cille

Greg Ellis ... Garmund

Rik Young ... Eofor

Sebastian Roché ... Wulfgar (as Sebastian Roche)
Leslie Zemeckis ... Yrsa

John Malkovich ... Unferth

well i mistakenly saw that movie...but i liked it a lot in the end.the effects were nice and i just couldn't stop laughing at the jaw of the monster at the begining and the way he spoke to angelina.it was really very funny.i also think it deserves better reviews

i hate movies like beowolf. i think they are really boring. i like horror! they are the best they always keep you on the edge of your seat screaming with your eyes closed! but i watched disaster movie and they made fun of beowolf. that was funny! but disaster movie wasn't that good and i wouldn't recommend it.

I have read part of the book, but I have yet to see the movie. From what I heard it was a great movie, but some people I know did not seem to care much for it at all. But I think the book is a great read!