xisto Community
whiskers_w

Nyc Cops Do It Again There has to be a better way

NYC COPS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN

This is something that disturbs me deeply. The NYC Police Department regularly shoots and kills black boys, teens, and men. This is something that has got to stop. Period. Aside from being extremely provocative, wanton violence against black people who are going about their daily lives in a peaceful manner is shameful. What really gets me is New York City is off the radar in terms of cities with violent crime. Its low murder rate is a tribute and testimonial to the fact that handguns are illegal in NYC. In fact, the murder rate in NYC is so low that the city didn't make the top 100 cities, despite the fact that it is the largest city in the nation.

This is a disturbing disparity, because NYC leads the FREE WORLD in police shootings. And in almost every case, they justify killing people in the streets because the cops "thought the victim was reaching for a gun". Why, in such a peaceful city, are the police so trigger-happy? Why, where guns are the scarcest of any major city do the police feel so threatened? Why are the police so disrespectful and blatantly hostile to the black community? Out of half a million stop and frisk incidents last year, 90% were people of color, and 85% of those were black. More than 10,000 incidents of excessive force, and almost 20,000 incidents of disrespectful behavior resulted from these encounters.

I think the NYPD is projecting, in psychological terms. They are attributing their behavior to the people they are dealing with. They are projecting the hatred THEY would display to a police department that hates them onto the people in the black community they patrol with utter disdain. With that hatred always on their minds, they react with anticipation that it will be returned from every corner, every person, young or old, with equal or greater force. So they are always ready with the guns. Always feeling threatened, and justified in responding with deadly violent force, they think they are hated as much as they hate. But, apparently the hatred isn't returned. Apparently they are the lead haters, because they are shot at FAR LESS FREQUENTLY than they shoot, and are killed many, many times less frequently than they kill.

Something is wrong with this picture. The world's most violent police department patrols and terrorizes one of the United States' most peaceful cities. I think in that regard the NYPD comes dangerously close to meeting the definition of a terrorist organization. See for yourself. The following is quoted from wikepedia.com:

Terrorism expert Walter Laqueur in 1999 also has counted over 100 definitions [of terrorism] and concludes that the "only general characteristic generally agreed upon is that terrorism involves violence and the threat of violence.".

According to the USA PATRIOT Act: "activities that (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the U.S. or of any state, that (:rolleyes:appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping, and Š occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S."

While the United Nations has not yet accepted a definition of terrorism,[7] the UN's "academic consensus definition," written by terrorism expert Alex P. Schmid and widely used by social scientists, runs:

"Terrorism is an anxiety-inspiring method of repeated violent action, employed by (semi-) clandestine individual, group or state actors, for idiosyncratic, criminal or political reasons, whereby — in contrast to assassination — the direct targets of violence are not the main targets. The immediate human victims of violence are generally chosen randomly (targets of opportunity) or selectively (representative or symbolic targets) from a target population, and serve as message generators. Threat- and violence-based communication processes between terrorist (organization), (imperilled) victims, and main targets are used to manipulate the main target (audience(s)), turning it into a target of terror, a target of demands, or a target of attention, depending on whether intimidation, coercion, or propaganda is primarily sought" (Schmid, 1988).

Whenever an organization blatantly and regularly uses violence as its main tool in the community, in the eyes of that community it is functioning as a terrorist organization. When, year after year, the same violent episodes take place without an official response in terms of policy revision, the City of New York, and the State of New York border upon state sponsored terrorism. When the Governor and Mayor back the NYPD's repeated klillings of unarmed black civilians, as much as I like both gentlemen, I have to call it as I see it. The situation is very close to the Department of Homeland Security's definition of State Sponsored Terrorism. And it needs to be corrected.

There is no reason why the NYPD cannot upgrade its professionalism. The NYPD has no reason to be known as the nation's least professional police organization. It does a disservice to the many good and highly dedicated police officers who wear NYPD blue to continue along this path unchecked. Rude, crude, abusive and violent police officers should all be immediately dismissed, and replaced with courteous professionals from Georgia or South Carolina or somewhere where professionalism and courtesy is the order of the day. It's ironic that in the South, where the history of racism is well documented, the police agencies are more courteous and professional than the city of New York, which passes itself off as the melting pot. It's a national disgrace. A disgrace that doesn't have to exist. The question is: Is America willing to protect black people? If every year, the black police officers in Atlanta or Birmingham, or Jackson repeatedly shoot and kill unarmed white youths, what would be the repurcussions? What would the average American be calling for? Why are so many decent people so quiet about the NYC situation? Are you bound by fear (terrorism) or hatred? Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I wonder.

Oh yeah... Let's see what Brotha Bill and Soostah Op have to say about this sh..!

NOTE: Learn more about how terrorism is defined at: Wikepedia: Definition of Terrorism

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Correct usage of QUOTE tag is strongly encouraged.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

There is a lot of hype about new york being the center of all gang wars and things like that. I've never been to New York, but I've played on True Crime: New York City and that shows gang related shootings in every street basically!(This is meant as a joke.)

There is a lot of hype about new york being the center of all gang wars and things like that. I've never been to New York, but I've played on True Crime: New York City and that shows gang related shootings in every street basically!
(This is meant as a joke.)

Almost had me there... ha ha ha

NYC COPS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN

This is something that disturbs me deeply. The NYC Police Department regularly shoots and kills black boys, teens, and men. This is something that has got to stop. Period. Aside from being extremely provocative, wanton violence against black people who are going about their daily lives in a peaceful manner is shameful. What really gets me is New York City is off the radar in terms of cities with violent crime. Its low murder rate is a tribute and testimonial to the fact that handguns are illegal in NYC. In fact, the murder rate in NYC is so low that the city didn't make the top 100 cities, despite the fact that it is the largest city in the nation.

This is a disturbing disparity, because NYC leads the FREE WORLD in police shootings. And in almost every case, they justify killing people in the streets because the cops "thought the victim was reaching for a gun". Why, in such a peaceful city, are the police so trigger-happy? Why, where guns are the scarcest of any major city do the police feel so threatened? Why are the police so disrespectful and blatantly hostile to the black community? Out of half a million stop and frisk incidents last year, 90% were people of color, and 85% of those were black. More than 10,000 incidents of excessive force, and almost 20,000 incidents of disrespectful behavior resulted from these encounters.

I think the NYPD is projecting, in psychological terms. They are attributing their behavior to the people they are dealing with. They are projecting the hatred THEY would display to a police department that hates them onto the people in the black community they patrol with utter disdain. With that hatred always on their minds, they react with anticipation that it will be returned from every corner, every person, young or old, with equal or greater force. So they are always ready with the guns. Always feeling threatened, and justified in responding with deadly violent force, they think they are hated as much as they hate. But, apparently the hatred isn't returned. Apparently they are the lead haters, because they are shot at FAR LESS FREQUENTLY than they shoot, and are killed many, many times less frequently than they kill.

Something is wrong with this picture. The world's most violent police department patrols and terrorizes one of the United States' most peaceful cities. I think in that regard the NYPD comes dangerously close to meeting the definition of a terrorist organization. See for yourself. The following is quoted from wikepedia.com:

Whenever an organization blatantly and regularly uses violence as its main tool in the community, in the eyes of that community it is functioning as a terrorist organization. When, year after year, the same violent episodes take place without an official response in terms of policy revision, the City of New York, and the State of New York border upon state sponsored terrorism. When the Governor and Mayor back the NYPD's repeated klillings of unarmed black civilians, as much as I like both gentlemen, I have to call it as I see it. The situation is very close to the Department of Homeland Security's definition of State Sponsored Terrorism. And it needs to be corrected.

There is no reason why the NYPD cannot upgrade its professionalism. The NYPD has no reason to be known as the nation's least professional police organization. It does a disservice to the many good and highly dedicated police officers who wear NYPD blue to continue along this path unchecked. Rude, crude, abusive and violent police officers should all be immediately dismissed, and replaced with courteous professionals from Georgia or South Carolina or somewhere where professionalism and courtesy is the order of the day. It's ironic that in the South, where the history of racism is well documented, the police agencies are more courteous and professional than the city of New York, which passes itself off as the melting pot. It's a national disgrace. A disgrace that doesn't have to exist. The question is: Is America willing to protect black people? If every year, the black police officers in Atlanta or Birmingham, or Jackson repeatedly shoot and kill unarmed white youths, what would be the repurcussions? What would the average American be calling for? Why are so many decent people so quiet about the NYC situation? Are you bound by fear (terrorism) or hatred? Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I wonder.

Oh yeah... Let's see what Brotha Bill and Soostah Op have to say about this sh..!

NOTE: Learn more about how terrorism is defined at: Wikepedia: Definition of Terrorism

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Correct usage of QUOTE tag is strongly encouraged.

Other than the quote thing, this topic is either too hot to discuss, or nobody cares when cops kill young black people who are unarmed and going about their daily lives like anyone else.... whether they are a little "troubled" or not.