xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Ghostbusters - The Video Game New movie-based game coming Fall 2008

Next fall, who you gonna call?

Ghostbusters The Video Game, based on the 1984 worldwide blockbuster hit created by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis which spawned a 1989 sequel, a popular Saturday Morning animated series and countless spin-offs, will hit stores next fall for the next-generation gaming consoles. Sierra, the software developer behind the RTS hit World in Conflict and the SWAT series, will co-produce the games with Sony Pictures Entertainment.

GameTrailers.com has posted a debut trailer available in HD and standard definition formats. Its a little short with just the dialogue, explaining Rule #1: Dont cross the streams. Cool special effects in this one.

Links to the debut trailer, courtesy Gametrailers.com
High-definition: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Standard definition: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I am a bit shock that they are going to make a game for this franchise, the last time I saw ghostbusters besides having the dvd was the the extreme ghostbusters that lasted all but 2 seasons I think. Although I never heard of a 3rd until NOW WOOHOO!!! BOOO its CGI movie and not real which makes me think that the crew from extreme ghostbusters won't be in there. Usually when game comes out the movie usually will come before or after it, lets not forget this franchise disappeared for 10 years now, the last ghostbuster related episode appeared in 1997. At least the original cast will be voicing and writing the game, makes me wonder who the bad guy will be, sam hain (the pumpkin head ghost) would be a interesting guy to take on since he was a bad boy in the cartoon series. Although its early time I see a online mode for this but I doubt I will be getting the game since the console games were hard as hell.

I have the NES game for GhostBusters...a game's already been made for it.Alright, I got it on a NES emulator...>:(Sadly, it doesn't work. It'll freeze every 30 seconds. And it's in Japanese. Great, eh? ;),

wow! ghostbusters is my childhood favorite. I always watch it and, i am very delighted... thought it was when I was still a child ....Its great to this, more realistic, this is just simply AWESOME!!! :P

I read an article in video game mag about this game (I forget what mag, it was at Wal-mart while I was waiting for my girlfriend to get off work)This will actually have the original people who worked on the movies involved (Including voice actors) and it is supposed to be like a 3rd movie.Many people have asked about making a 3rd movie for a while but I believe it was Bill Murray did not want to ruin the franchise with a 3rd movie. HOWEVER all of the people involved believed that now that graphics and video game technology has come this far that a proper video game can be made.The script for the game is written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis who wrote the scripts for the movies.All in all this is going to be insanely awesome (especially for a guy like me who grew up on 80s stuff)The screens and trailers out leave you drooling (or me at least, *grabs a mop*) They are some of the sweetest effects I have seen. Plus it will be fun to use the Ghost buster equipment like it was supposed to be used.The idea behind the game is that it is 1991 (2 years after the last movie) and the Ghostbusters now have a nationwide franchise going on and are as usual knee deep in paranormal freeks to capture and contain. They now need more help and you are just the man for the job.You get to interact with the characters from the movie and watch them interact with each other (which the actors believed was one of the strong points of the Ghostbusters and the reason you are playing some new guy rather then one of the original Ghostbusters)All in all I really can not wait to get my hands on this game.

the ghostbusters is one of may favorite. they have a unique story and storyline. i just hope they don't remade the whole story or if even they did they will say something about the old ghostbusters