xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Yahoo Messenger 9.0 Is Out But With problems

Well last night I got a email from my favorite email provider, yahoo, and said yahoo 9.0 is out with a semi new look. However, thats where my problem begins in which I spent about an hour total with the yahoo crew trying to figure out why this problem is happening and using different trouble shooting idea's. It is also to note that this is my first beta software period that I have actually had a problem, so now my infamous record is tarnish with this little bug.

--Issue--

During the second part of installation at around 35-38% I a get a 404 error I click abort and it tell me that ytb_inst.exe cannot open. Ok so I abort the installation because at the time messenger is install; however, part two of the problem comes into play and that is it disables the password function on the login screen, knowing well enough my password works because how I 100% memorized it.

--Troubleshooting idea's to do--

uninstall yahoo messenger and then reinstall it-Error still

uninstall delete yahoo folder and then reinstall-error still

uninstall yahoo download link provided buy yahoo (mind you its the same link I been using already)-error still

uninstall yahoo install yahoo 8.1 (stable version) then install 9.0 to override old version- Error still

--Conclusion--

Installer is corrupted and yet somehow I am the only with this problem, mind you I tried this on two different computers and have reverted back to 8.1 which luckily enough still works.

--Challenge--

I will provide the download to 9.0 and see if anyone else gets this error, if so make sure to report it or the next stable version will still have this problem. If successful let us know in this topic and see what is different mind you I tried this on XP and Vista and the error shows up.

--Download link--

https://messenger.yahoo.com/

--Support--

http://ww2.islanddata.com/

--UPDATE #1--

Ok after reinstalling 8.1 I came up with the same error and it has to do with the toolbar that yahoo provides for the browsers, so all I did was not select the toolbar for installation I didn't get the error, however, now it seems that the password function is a problem within itself. So if anyways can get the password function to work let us know.

--UPDATE #2--

It seems I have found another problem with 9.0 and that has to do with ysp_inst.exe, which is the program for the search protection tool, whatever that is. I notice that error when I had 8.1 installed and did not select the toolbar to be installed with 9.0, of course for this error to be fixed I had to delete the yahoo folder and then the error disappeared. However, the password problem still remains a mystery so hopefully this news will help figure out what could be wrong with the password problem.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Wow I can't believe it has been 5 months since I posted this topic, and I can now say I can actually get yahoo messenger 9 to work on my computer. Since it seems they were able to figure out why it would allow my password for some reason, and if I remember my version numbers right that was yahoo 9.0.0.1, and this one is 9.0.0.922, and so if you haven't thought about trying out the new yahoo for either XP or Vista you hsould as the vista one is pretty good, FYI need to have vista running in order to use the vista version of yahoo messenger.

I installed YaFoo 9 about 2 weeks ago. had no problems what so ever with the install. but have found a few glitches though. and things I do not like. Glitches even with the Java fully updated it is a little slow, Could be because ver 9 could be more for the Vista than XP home. Who knows I did not even bother to ask.Even with it set to keep a log of messages it deletes them sometimes. no biggy reallythe things I do like arethe skins and how you can change them.

DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING YAHOO MESSENGER IN AFRICAYahoo Messenger 9.0 Is Out

my fiancee is in Africa and I have been trying to help him download yahoo messenger 9.0 but it says 404 not found what can he download so that we can use PC to PC call facility? IS THE SERVICE AVAILABLE IN AFRICA BOTSWANA IN PARTICULAR?

-question by rumbidzayi chinhamhora

Having a problem with yahoo im 9Yahoo Messenger 9.0 Is Out

Have just uninstalled it. But would like to find the older one do like the program but if it can't run without errors why bother. It said I had a string error many times then it said I needed to update my flash which I have done many times it does not work. So why bother want to go back maybe somewhere I have an old copy on a cd around here hopefully because I cannot seem to find it on yahoo.

I downloaded the yahoo messenger 9.0 last night and today the computer was real slow. Then the yahoo messenger toolbar assistant started popping up, over and over. I deleted the toolbar and messenger. But now I can not even it to connect with the internet.

-reply by nelda