xisto Community
Lyon2

Microsoft Video Game Banned For Sex Scene The first time it happened to Microsoft.

News: Microsoft video game banned for sex scene

Source:/home

What do you think about that, a Microsoft video game banned for sex scene, in Singapore, i guess this must be an humiliation, and the fact that it is the first it happened to the giant company Microsoft makes it even more hard to digest for the Microsoft and for all the people involved on the creation of the Microsoft game, namely, "Mass Effect" which is a highly anticipated futuristic space adventure game, a cool game in my opinion by the way.

I care not on what the Microsoft felt with this, including the people involved, i just o not think this is going to be a major thing, in fact, Singapore is just one country, and a small one, not a rich one, so in terms of the loss of money, i think they will survive!

Concerning the action of Singapore government or whatever/whoever did that, in my opinion, they must be out of their minds, that is just going to promote the illegal download of the game through the internet besides promoting the sail of the game in their stores arround their country because i bet this game is selling.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Well what can you do, people don't like human and alien women embracing each other with hot action like that :rolleyes:. Plus I doubt Microsoft would care all that much that one country ban this game, because of something like that, however, I am a bit shocked the U.S hasn't banned that game for its um scene ;).

Well, I guess its cos MS has got a some grounds in the US. I personally dont give a damn about the scene though. Havent seen it yet but I think MS shouldnt have put something like dat in there game which is intended for the younger people.That was not thoughtful of them.

I fully agree with you odomike, they did not think about it at all by puting a scene like that, of sex and nudity, in a game that will be played by young people, very young people, so i must agree that they did not care if kids will be exposed to things they are not suposed to by playing games, they should be but only at a certain age, and by their parents or perhaps teachers with the parents authorization, of course.I was not seeing that point odomike, but you are totally right in your comments, more countries should ban this game from their business stores.

The scene really isn't that bad. My twelve year old brother sees much more sex and nudity on primetime television than he would see playing Mass Effect. Singapore's government is just rather conservative when it comes to such issues as sex. That is why the game has been banned. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of other countries like Malaysia follow up with such a ban (not saying that they're going to, just that it would not be surprising if they did).

The scene really isn't that bad. My twelve year old brother sees much more sex and nudity on primetime television than he would see playing Mass Effect. Singapore's government is just rather conservative when it comes to such issues as sex. That is why the game has been banned. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of other countries like Malaysia follow up with such a ban (not saying that they're going to, just that it would not be surprising if they did).

I completely agree. The scene is not really bad at all, there have been much worse things in videogames than this. It's just getting a bit of attention for a while, it will just die down and everything will be fine.

Wow, that's kind of crazy that Singapore did that. Suberatu's right I guess in that they're just more conservative on this stuff, but people should still be able to play what games they want.

I don't think it's an insentive to illegal download and maybe ms will make a special release to Singapore.Maybe Singapore is not with lack of money lol. I don't get why governament don't look on the bright side of the things. Why forbidd pixels?I bet they don't have Mtv...Anyway, nice post.Greetz~Jo?o Lopes

I just saw all fo the possible outcomes with the sex scenes on youtube. It was a bit dissapointing, all you really get to see is a nice bottom. I can remember on the matrix where that french chick wants to kiss you (a bit odd when you're playing the roll of the girl), hehehehe. People make big deals out of everything.

The same thing happened with Rockstar if you recall back a couple of years they got in trouble for a sex scene that appeared in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. But, that was different. That was an X-Rated Scene while in Mass Effect, it was just an alien and a human hugging. Come' on..... Anyway, maybe that have stricter gaming laws over there!

I believe that it should not be banned, if it contained a sex scene it would be Rated M, it would then be up to the Parents to either let their child view it/play the video game or not, the pressure shouldn't be put on the company that makes it/sells it (losing em millions of dollers :P).

Lol, naughty naughty Microsoft. Singapore are far to scrit, my friends play that game, no complaints about the sex scene. Not even a mention of it. This means it's not that explict then.

I haven't played the game, but i watched the video on YouTube. I find it rather nice "directed"... there isn't much nudity involved. I don't really understand why the Singapore government banned it. They must be over-reacting. I remember years ago a scene like the one from Mass Effect in Mafia (by the way what a great game that was and what a great storyline it had... it does deserve a comeback) and no one complained about that.And besides there are games with a lot more important reasons to get banned like Manhunt....

I believe that it should not be banned, if it contained a sex scene it would be Rated M, it would then be up to the Parents to either let their child view it/play the video game or not, the pressure shouldn't be put on the company that makes it/sells it (losing em millions of dollers :P).

I aree with what Tweek said. It is up to the parents of the child to say whether or not the game is suitable for them, just like with any other game. There are loads of games with sex scenes in them, some aren't even that bad. Take GTA San Andeas for example, after a few dates with your girlfriend in it, she asks you if you want to come in for some coffee, and it just shows the house with the screen moving up & down you can hear the girl giggle and say things like CJ is hot, but you can't actually see them having sex. So there's nothing really wrong with it.

That's all I have to say.