xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

Rappelz! Awesome 3d Mmorpg

FUN FUN FUN!!! I love it. Its so awesome... The best part is its free, and you don't need to buy a disc or anything... just takes five hours to download... its pretty awesome...
Anyone else play it?

http://en.rappelz.webzen.com/intro7/

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

Never heard of it, but it would be nice for a link, then I could find it. I'll google it anyways, but might be nice to have a link as some people would be too lazy to google :rolleyes:EDIT: I found their website, the problem is there doesn't seem to be much information on gameplay and things. What's the game like? how's it play, what does it compare to bigger games such as World of Warcraft and Everquest? I couldn't find any of this on the site so I'm not going to waste time downloading, will check back to see your opinion though.Edit: Thanks for posting the link to the ad, I'm downloading now, looks interesting so i'm going to try it. A match up against larger MMORPGs would still be helpful though if you've played them before, if not then in a week or two I should be able to provide comparisons to Anarchy Online at least.Last Edit: Ok, so i finally finished downloading the game and completed the tutorial thing. It's an ok game; however, the interface threw me off, you have to click to move, whereas in most major games of the same genre you can move using W,A,S,D. The whole skill control is difficult at first as well. I think that anyone looking into this game should just stick with runescape unless you don't mind waiting about 10 hours for the download. Once you download the 1.7GB client you download all the files again as updates. I didn't seem to load anything smoothly in game either, whenever I was loading a part of the world it would lag up and I couldn't move. When I went to the mainland I almost walked away from the computer for awhile because it lagged so much. I think anyone content with runescape should just stick with it; however, if your looking for a light world of warcraft replacement, this may just do the job.

Edited by t3jem (see edit history)

haha... you wouldn't hurt my feelings... but I think its pretty good... but you need a fast computer... as for screenshots there is probably some on the website... otherwise I can't help you with that right now

I dont like rappelz First of all Graphics r kinda *BLEEP* on my comp or is it my Card 2nd of all im confused on all the controls and *BLEEP* Monsters dont show there levels and i dont even know hwo to pick up stuff

I used to play Rappelz when i was jobless. Had a Lv 80? if i remember correctly, he is a knight. The game is fun and the best part i like is dungeon leveling :) Sadly, i am occupied with work now and hardly have the ample time to focus on the grind. Else its a unique game on it own.

the game is good, monsters do show their lvls, except 2 dungeon mobs from every dungeon, theres always about 4 - 5 rooms with each room having 1 dungeon mob then theres 1 center and 1 mid-way  the mid-way  ( in relics of arid moon 1 / 2 ) has oforia a lvl ?? mid-dungeon boss then at the center it has abhuva, yet another ?? dungeon boss but according to GMs abhu is 80 and ofo 55. And past these 2 months, there was maybe 1 or 2 week normal, and the rest was events for halloween, the birth of rappelz, etc. My point here is, rappelz is very unique and fun mmo considering its a point-click game, still unclear it's said that before march 2009 the staff at gala-net are adding the wasd - arrows - click  option for movement so people can choose from. I personally like the mouse movement and have other uses for the qwerty-keys. And for those who played before I'll tell you how to get rid of an annoying part of the game... Grinding? finding pets? lvling? no, those are still up to you, BUT, it's come to my attention that the players have yet to have discovered  the "press enter to talk" option, I hated when the writing came when I pressed each key, then I took a look at options just to kill time, I hadn't noticed the "gameplay options" on the top, well, I was curious and bored so why not, then there was the light of hope, 

[x] press enter to talk

All in all  DOWNLOAD IT AND COME TO TORTUS-SERVER!! the oldest server on rappelz /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley16.Gif

thx for reading this ^^

-reply by faserdf - 52 druid

Try savage 2 (do a Google search :P ), not a mmo but a combination of rpg, rts, 3rd or firs person shooter. Great graphics, great units, action, and best of all it requires a lot of strategy.

wow.....Rappelz! Awesome 3d MmorpgDude how long did you play for 2 minutes its a very simple game and its pretty good just takes alot of grinding.The monster shows its lvl right beside its name when you click on it.And when you go to pick up items you look at your skill bar and see where your pickup item icon is and hit it lol... Either that or click them item-reply by zekylKeywords: rappelz private server

yeah um...Rappelz! Awesome 3d Mmorpg

To the guys up above who say the game is difficult...Well no it's not. When you click on a mob, it shows you the mob's hp and mp bar as well as the level of it. Gold/items/etc drop from mobs constantly, and if you don't know how to, you know, CLICK the items on the ground to pick them up, you must be the most retarded moron in the world.

Oh, and as for graphics, if you have a good vid card, the graphics are simply amazing. You can also change and customize the way graphics look for you, and there are also presets you can choose from. But if you're graphics card isn't that good, don't frett. For a free to play game, rappelz truly does have wonderful graphics. 

The system is also very easy to work with. You click to move, right click to rotate the camera around, move the mouse scroll to zoom in and out, click on mobs to target them and follow up with skills using the Fkeys or Number keys (depending on which set up you prefer). When you kill mobs, you get XP and JP (job points) which are used to gain skills and raise your Job Level which opens up new skills to acquire. 

There are also level Tiers, rangnig from Rank1 to Rank7. Tiers are as follows: Rank1 - lvl1-19. Rank2 - lvl20-49. Rank3 - lvl50-79. Rank4 - lvl80-99. Rank5 - lvl100-119. Rank6 -lvl120-139. Rank7 - lvl140 and up.

-reply by Inoksvere

i play rappelz for 2 years with looooong breaks and i have a assassin 113 atm , and the game is very simple you should try cabal and then tell me if rappelz is difficult to play ,and how to get pet at money its easy ,play the game and they will come :Pand the official site :rappelz.gpotato.com

Edited by nooooob (see edit history)

i play rappelz for 2 years with looooong breaks and i have a assassin 113 atm , and the game is very simple you should try cabal and then tell me if rappelz is difficult to play ,and how to get pet at money its easy ,play the game and they will come :Pand the official site :rappelz.gpotato.com

True, Rappelz is made for the money and the money only. The game lags like hell too and the other users are mostly Chinese Gold farmer companies or idiots. Cabal is better and it runs smoothly most of the time. Try Ragnar?k, it has the same features as Cabal and Rappelz (probably more) and a huge fan base.