xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alfonsorengifo

Vista Premium Keep Desconnecting From The Internet wireless

I am really up to my neck. My pc using windows vista premiun keep losing internet connection. I have to reset the belkin modem router or restart it the router every 10 to 20 minutes. I did not have this problem with my son old pc (windows xp home).It, is very annoyi :rolleyes: ng please help me. I have done everything microsoft or my ISP (orange uk) suggested but the problem is stil unresolved.Alfonso

ahha ive had exactly the same problem and am also a computer technician!

This is a classic sign of belkin technology they shouldve commited suicide the moment they became!

in the end mate i got it working however! it wasnt as fast as the box says it is, ive now switched to a wired connection if you wanna know how to do that pm me!

Right first of all put your wireless router into pairing mode on the livebox its the first button also get into the livebox with a wired connection and change the web-key to 1aaaaaabbbbbbccccccdddddd2 for simplicitys sake (thats 1 6xa 6xb 6xc 6xd 2). if you havn't got the wired connection then you might wanna learn the web-key off by heart!

Back to the subject

belkin like to put their software as default so open it up, somewhere is a setting saying "use windows to configure my device" (if not go into the windows wireless network thingy and change it there)

Now things are gonna get MUCH eaiser heres the secret, fiddle! meddle with all the settings (in "change advanced settings" in the windows wireless network manager) Except the device settings you wanna fiddle with the setting that would be used to connect to your livebox! like netwrok encryption keys err everything BUT the device settings, i could do a lot for you if i was there but im not so i can only give you the very technical details "fiddle" the secret to actually knowing what your doing!. Also if you ring up orange and tell them your having problems they give you loads of benefits! like faster broadband in our case

Karlosantana

^^^^misses wi

I had the same problem. I'm not sure, that's causing it to happen, but, I think, it just depends on the hardware you use. My friend had the same problem, too, and he had the same kind of modem. My other friend had a different modem and it ran perfectly. So, now we went down to Vista Home Premium and it works just fine.

I've exactly the same problem but it's only when I'm downloading big files. I was downloading a 700Mb file and when it was at 300MB it stops and I've to go downstairs and turn off the router and then turn it on. I can't get a wired connection 'cause I'm upstairs and my modem is downstairs.But as I said, the problem is just when I'm downloading big files.PEACE.

The problem yours all having has to do with the fact you have not updated the firmware to your routers, and also I wouldn't surprise that you haven't had your routers WEP or WPA enabled so you don't have any leechers and stuff. Also check to see if you router's drivers are vista qualified, and so you might have to update your drivers as well so you won't run into compatibility problems as well. What lse mac Sure the MAc address is clone to computer you are using as well as you can run into some problems as well.Other then that best way to go is get a hold of tech support for you routers and they will be able to help you a lot better.