xisto Community
crazyfray

Hey All - New Guy (duh!)

Hey all - new poster (but you guessed that, right?).I'm a mid-twenties guy doing some part-time study for a professional web development course - after studying English at Nottingham. Bit of a change, but what are you going to do when you realise that you're not that interested in teaching your degree topic, and that limits any chance of a career in the area? Still, makes it handy for copy editing for web pages, I guess...I work at a school as a cover teacher (kind of), so I'm not going to post too many details on the (outside) chance that anyone I know reads this, but I work in London. Yeah, narrowed down a lot, I know :rolleyes:Used to coach badminton (Coach part 1), and run a couple of school sessions. Not doing any anymore - no time, no time! Barely time enough for studying...uh...and posting on forums...I'm currently learning Flash, Javascript and XHTML+CSS for my course, . Pretty handy with VBA, Photoshop and all office the usual apps.Hopefully, I'll get time to pop up a VBA tutorial for a simple XHTML template generator that I put together soon...but not this weekend!Catch you later!EDIT: After reading the suggested ways of introducing yourself in the tutorials, thought I'd add that I'm hoping the use the web space to set up a portfolio site while I'm learning. Probably try out that WML tutorial on it too!

Edited by crazyfray (see edit history)

Nice Introduction... (proofreads carefully)Good to have you aboard... Hope you find the Topics useful. Lots of things to learn by browsing around. The Search feature can produce some amazing topics.The Hosting is excellent and you won't be disappointed. Best of luck with the course and I look forward to reading your Posts.

Hello crazyfray Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. As the author of the suggested introduction tutorial, I give you applause ****clap clap clap clap clap **** on your intro. Done very nicely.

So you used to be a badminton Coach, huh? Well back when (pauses to reflect on many years passed) I was our college female badminton champion. :rolleyes: Not many people are still into badminton though. I now am retired and doing free web designs for people (usually beginners) to use for their homepages. I enjoy trying to contribute a little wholesome graphic content to the internet. I am not extremely knowledgeable in all phases of html, css and etc.; but I (being self taught) have accomplished a good hold on the basics.

As JL has noted, your posts are welcome as they are of very good content and you will be a refreshing addition to our little family here at Trap 17. So glad you found us. Look forward to seeing you around the boards. ;)

You can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17. That is is if you haven't already found all that stuff.

Thanks for the welcome (and the gl :))!Badminton's making something of a comeback in the UK (helped by it being one of the only sports we've managed to repeatedly succeed at, hehe). Not for me though...not playing anywhere near often enough at the moment.Very impressed with the variety of the forums so far :D

Welcome! *waves*Almost the same here. If we don't want to teach then the odds are against getting a nice job. :) Maybe it's time for me to move on...I freelance in design, web development and translation. :D Best wishes!

Hey there, and welcome to Xisto.com! I would love to take this opportunity to welcome you to this wonderful community and wish you the best of luck on the future of your website. Do not forget to post regularly, as it is the key to maintaining your account's active state here. Once again, the best of wishes, and I will be looking forward to talkin to you on the forums in the very near future!