xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Above The Rest

Canadian Police Tolerates Piracy For Personal Use One giant leap for mankind

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is great news for Canadians and the rest of the world, but especially canadians :rolleyes:

This means more countries are likely to follow in their footsteps. Piracy for personal use should not be attacked.

Only piracy that makes a profit, and bootlegging should be targeted. I do a lot of pirating and I hope the US will learn something from Canada (but I doubt it).

What do you guys think of this news? Any Canadians around to comment on it?
Edited by Above The Rest (see edit history)

What's to comment on?I don't use illegal copies, so zero impact on me... and the decision to target "organised crime" is a long standing policy for removing the source of the crime by eliminating those who make it available rather than the end-user. They have a somewhat similar policy for Druggies in Vancouver, they supply needles and a clean spot for druggies to inject drugs... sheesh! We Canadians are simply too nice...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is great news for Canadians and the rest of the world, but especially canadians :rolleyes:

This means more countries are likely to follow in their footsteps. Piracy for personal use should not be attacked.

Only piracy that makes a profit, and bootlegging should be targeted. I do a lot of pirating and I hope the US will learn something from Canada (but I doubt it).

What do you guys think of this news? Any Canadians around to comment on it?

they're baiting the canadians. all there is to it. they've been doing it in the u.s. for years. i would love to see the poor canadian's face when he finds out he's going to jail after believing in this crap though

haslip- its not that similar directly since the "druggies" aren't infringing on anyone elses territory or rights. indirectly yes if they rob cheat and steal for their drugs...but not directly. pirating directly causes price increases and companies to fail. forces demand down which limits new releases and future development

this press release is nothing more than to get the piraters to become complacent over a certain period of time.

if i am wrong, then i would LOVE for someone to tell me the logical reasoning behind making such bold statements that seems to encourage pirating.

I have a question then...Why did the CRIA shut down DEMONOID?Now it bugs me more.....I do hope that Demonoid comes back. And if what you say is true, then the page should be coming back eventually.>_< I hate the CRIA with a passion xD They didn't have to shut down demonoid, Demonoid is LEGAL!!!What I don't like is that they used despicable threats for forcing Demonoid to stop.Go Canadians, Go!

Edited by Mailoreothoriel (see edit history)

they're baiting the canadians. all there is to it. they've been doing it in the u.s. for years. i would love to see the poor canadian's face when he finds out he's going to jail after believing in this crap though
haslip- its not that similar directly since the "druggies" aren't infringing on anyone elses territory or rights. indirectly yes if they rob cheat and steal for their drugs...but not directly. pirating directly causes price increases and companies to fail. forces demand down which limits new releases and future development

this press release is nothing more than to get the piraters to become complacent over a certain period of time.

if i am wrong, then i would LOVE for someone to tell me the logical reasoning behind making such bold statements that seems to encourage pirating.

What? They never, ever said that to an Americans. Canadians are now allowed to pirate for personal use.

I don't know why that's so hard to believe. It's been like that for years up there, they just never came out and made it official.

If you don't believe this story to be true, than you don't know much about the history of piracy, nor the history of piracy in Canada.

I am not a cannadian citizen, not even an american, fro mthe american continent that is, but i think eurpeans should learn from this, i mean, in terms of law exactly because the companies already do not care if a person uses its software cracked in his own personal computer, it is the people that make money with cracked versions of their software that they are concerned and that they will prosecute to the maximum penalty, not people that use a cracked version of a game or program, or that use an illegal serial to get a full version of a game or software, or even a pacth to crack it, it is the ones that want to make money and do make money.