xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
csp4.0

X-plane Better than Flight Simulator X?

I just stumbled upon a game called 'X-Plane'. I don't have it but it looks awesome.

It is a flight simulator game which when fully updated exceeds 80GB (Yes, eighty gigabytes). It has the terrain of the whole world, and guess what? It's free too, and guess what again? It's on linux too.

well, here is the game's official website

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/home/

The full game is too large to download, so you'll have to order the DVDs

NOTE: The full game is less than 60GB, but the fully updated full game can exceed 80GB

NOTE: You require a Joystick to play.

here are just some screen shots of the game...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If there is already a topic about X-Plane, I am sorry, but the search didn't return anything similar to X-PLane

Dude, and I though 5GB from tribes vengence was big. That's completely out of my league, i would need to buy an external just for the game. Looks neat though, I bookmarked it, will try when I get my new computer probably (My current one wouldn't run very well) and when I get a USB joystick. Thanks for the find though, very interesting. I see the biggest downside (haha, pun) is the diskspace that is required, but other than that, i'd give it a try. Maybe my desktop could run the demo *thinks about trying*. I'll probably test it some other time.

I can't get the game... my hard drive is only 80GB! I will definitely get it when I get my computer (next year) and will also be installing Flight Simulator X: Acceleration and all those other flight simulators. Lucky this game is free (not including S+H) or else who could afford a 80GB game?

80 gb is alot for me. Actually very much as my whole ram is 80 gb only ! How can nanyone have this game. they should consider to make the game small orelse they wont get many downloads or orders. I think they shoild also get a version that doesnt need a joystick.but the games looks very good.

80 gb is alot for me. Actually very much as my whole ram is 80 gb only !

<sarcastic>you have 80 gigs of ram? Wow thats amazing. Must have cost you well over 5 grand just for RAM. You could actually store the entire game on there and have virtually no loading times... And i thought 32 gigs that you could get with the Mac Pros was over kill</sarcastic>