xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

Cool Logo Its a cool logo...

This is a cool logo i designed of...nothing? Well, it's a logo representing me if i were to ever join a game clan, or anything - i suck at gaming. I thought, i'll make a wolfenstine logo-type (the wings etc) and it took me a couple of tries. It's still quite boring though. Why don't you all have a go at making a cool logo:

MY LOGO ;)

it looks pretty cool, except maybe if it were a bit lighter it would look better, but i like what you've done with it, good work.

Yes, it's too dark. I mean, the black outer glow makes it too blurred and dark. What color? White? Or does itr depend on the backround, if anyone wants it, i can send it to them?

You had me worried for a moment that I had done something to the brightness on my monitor. I tend to run it fairly low and from here it was very hard to make out the wings and the text. Once I pushed the brightness up a bit though I could make out the design and I like it. Only thing I can think of apart from the brightness if you're using it as a logo is to crop some of the background, you probably want as much focus as possible on the centre of the design. I certainly can't criticise much though, it looks good and is certainly much better than anything I could do.

Thanks, well of course crop it too the logo, using how it is now as a logo would be hideous, you'd have a huge title bar! Anyway, it is too dark, i should give it a lighter outer glow...let's see if i still have the .psd...

NEWS:

Well, i do have the .psd, and since i have no inspiration whatsoever, i am offering the psd for download so you ppl can edit it to your hearts desire! Show me what you can do! Make it nicer! ;)

DOWNLOAD

I'm afraid I can't help you there. Showing you what I can do and making it better simply would not go together I am afraid. I fear I would only make it a great deal worse, and that's probably not going to help you much. Is it possible to make the wings and text a slightly different colour just to give it greater contrast against the background? Maybe that would work better than making the whole thing brighter. Again, my skills in this area don't exist, so i am hoping someone with more knowledge can chip in to help you.

I was thinking like the origiunal logo, white backround and red stroke (3px) - it may look nice, i can always delete the backround though = i just put it there so it wouldn't look that plain...;)

Maybe you could remove the background while you perfect the logo and then add it back in once you're done to see how it all looks together. On the logo itself, I just thought a bevel effect might work quite nicely on the wings. If you could get it with one side of the bevel appearing lighter and the other darker it would really stand out more from whwichever background you choose to have I think. Now you just need to pick a game and a clan to join so you can use the thing. ;)