xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dannym23

Call Of Duty 4 This is my info about Cod4

My Cod4 Review

I picked up COD4 kinda hoping for something not like COD and COD2. Both previous encounters with the COD franchise were very enjoyable indeed, but the element of a cohesive storyline was missing. You were bounced between Russian, English, and American campaigns trying to follow each smaller storyline to the end.

Boy was I pleasantly surprised with COD4. Blown away is more like it.

The plot of the game was very well done. The 2 story lines seemed to be going in 2 different directions at first, but later on you can see the 2 slowly merging in to one. The voice acting was top notch and lent itself to create a sense of empathy for those characters.

The graphics are superb...smoke, haze, everything contributed to an air of danger and realism in each environment.

I encountered a couple crashes during game play which, I am not sure were software or my rig locking up. I had one encounter where (in the Russian missile silo) I was being waved through a door by a character, I pass through the door and he just stood there waving me through. All with an "end of the world" timer counting down. I had to restart the level and try it again and it worked the second time.

The one huge gripe I have with the game is the single player game is waaaay too short. I think that I burned through the game's single player campaign in about 7-8 hours. I was left wanting more.

I have not played the multiplayer aspect yet, but I have never been a fan of PvP, but I might give that a shot (pun intended) soon.

In short I found myself immersed in COD4 like I have not been with a game for a long time. I highly recommend this game.

A few pics

(I couldnt upload my pics so i got some of another webstie)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like it, Dannym23

Yeah I wasn't much of a COD, FPS, PVP fan but this was a great game to play, and I actually enjoyed the online mode put about 8-9 hours into and got a rank of second LT. Need to get a HDTV so I can actually start enjoy the graphical aspect of the PS3 games. Thought the story was great died plenty of times (lol), although the only thing I didn't like was the fact your weapons were already picked out for regardless if you were a SAS or Marine. I especially enjoy mounting the guns in the C140 and the helicopter as I let loose with those. Overall its a good game with great replay value except that I feel the PS3 users get hosed on extra's while the 360 got the goods. I might go back to this game once I finish pro street and see if I can improve my rank a little bit.

Wow, the graphics look amazing. I havent played call of duty yet, it looks really fun though. I wonder what the multiplayer is like, a team fortress sort of game would be awesom.

I CANNNOT WAIT. I want this game SO much. I'm not getting it till christmas, but from what i've seen. It look amazing. The online perks, the weapons and the story mode. All brillant. I want this game, so much.

The game is fantastic! The graphics is fantastic! The story is fantastic! This is a truly amazing game. I would start off on Veteran though as there are no real achievements for the other difficulties. You get around 40G per mission you complete and I don't think the missions are that hard really. Now online play just gets better. You work your way to better guns via the 55 ranks. On a gun you can unlock different addons like Grip (improves accuracy), Red Dot (Very good short distance) and ACOG scope which is very good at long distance - a bit like a sniper scope. Now as of all the Call Of Duty Series, I don't think the achievements are really that hard, although there is no online achievements at the time of writing, but I suspect they will be raising it to 1250G max and put some online achievements in. With no real lag online, it makes a big difference as I have played some games in the past which lag very badly, but thanks to the developers, this doesn't.

Rating:

Graphics: - 10/10

Game play: - 10/10

Online: - 10/10

Overall: - 10/10

I have this game on pc and its got amazing online play. The graphics are great and the enviroment is realistic. I stopped playing it after i formated my pc and lost my savefiles (its painfull to get rank 55 a second time)