xisto Community
comicalman

Cross-platform Development

I am looking into game development for the XBOX 360. Having said that, I would suppose the best language would be one based on Microsofts OS. I havent yet dipped my toe in .NET, but have seen some demos. I guess a couple of questions come to mind 1) Has anyone developed games for the XBOX before? 2) Since I use Delphi, could I just get the .NET version of Delphi and be up and running? I have used the converted C headers for DirectX and have a couple of games in the 'can' for Windows.

there have to be specific API and SDKs that xbox360 developers won't let it be used by general public. You have to work for them to answer your own question i think. That's the reason there is no education about game programming for console platform.

right microsoft are lovely people and have created a way that xbox 360 owners can create games for their consoles! the language used is XNA (i spose its a sort of c#) and the XNA game studio, you also need ms visual c# and dirext sdk etc. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ this link tells you how to set it up. also for xbox development you are required to Subscribe to the Creators Club so that you can connect game studio to the xbox. it is the best, easiest and legitimate way to develop games for consoles these days!