xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
comicalman

Writers Guild/writers Strike (usa)

I was just listening to a local morning talk radio show. One of the guests is a director for a movie of the current IFF (international film festival). He predicts that the current writer strike here in the states will last until February. If this is the case, some of the shows will be impacted more than others. I heard ER is good until that time frame, whereas others like 24 will likely be greatly impacted.Wondering if anyone has heard about other popular shows? Mostly wondering about "My name is Earl" and "The Office".

I just hope that this issue is sorted out soon. Writers do play some part, especially with the scripts or storylines towards a major TV series, or movie. Depending on the type of show. Tend to agree more comphrensive shows eg 24 which depends on continous storylines would be impacted more than others. Soapies would also fall under the greatly impacted area considering the continous storylines.

I think they should get their asses back to work, and stop being so damn greedy. They make more money then some people should be allowed. A lot of the shows on today are not worth the paper or computer they are written on. They all should be ashamed of themselves for putting people out of work who make so much less than they do. You writers are absolutely ridiculous. GO TO WORK.