xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bradley908

Will I Run Cod4? Will my computer be able to run call of duty 4?

Hi everyone!Should I buy COD4?My specs are:1GB Ram1.86GHZ Dual Core AMD Turion 64 X2Nvidia Go 6100Windows XP/Windows Vista (Dual Boot)I can currently get a constant 75FPS on COD2, I have adjusted my Graphics card for performance.Will I be able to run it, even on lowest settings.I want to get it, to play with my friends!Thanks for your help.Cheers!

You probably could run it but with the new games these days you need lastest hardware to get the best results. I've got a 9600 graphics card myself and have horible graphics Im too scared to try any new games on it. Edit: looking at the minimal requirements specs again... I think you should borrow a copy and try running it first before you buy. Im pretty sure the game is going to run very slow on your machine. Might be better to save that money for an upgrade.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

You probably could run it but with the new games these days you need lastest hardware to get the best results. I've got a 9600 graphics card myself and have horible graphics Im too scared to try any new games on it.

Edit: looking at the minimal requirements specs again... I think you should borrow a copy and try running it first before you buy. Im pretty sure the game is going to run very slow on your machine. Might be better to save that money for an upgrade.

Thanks for your help anyway.

I am planning on building an ultimate gaming machine.

These are it's specs:

Intel Quad Core CPU

4GB Ram

X2 Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI

Windows XP/Windows Vista Dual Boot

That better run it on the highest settings!

Once again thanks for your help!

Yeah, i think you could run it. Try and download the demo. You can get a list of mirrors from the CoD site.Speaking of CoD, the demo was awesome and I can't wait to get it. I went to buy it the day it came out but the game store i went to was all sold out. I havent been able to go back yet. Has anyone played it? if so, how is it?

You might be able to pull it off with COD4 but you may want to at least bump up your gfx card to the 7000 series or if you feel really spunky the 8000 series gfx cards. The processor speed though seems fine you might get better results with a processor in the 2.xx GHz range just to make it smoother and get caught in a delay pause and find out 3 seconds later you just got killed.As for your ultimate machine a duo core 2 extreme processor would be good enough, as quad core is really necessary for processing lots of data or rendering large media files and what not. Same goes with doubling up your graphics cards as one 8000 or 9000 series cards are plenty to run most graphics heavy games.

can i use cod4 with the amout of space withing my computer ?

Will I Run Cod4?

I'm prityy much I cant use cod4 on my computer as I only have 448 rams on the laptop , any help towards this would be very nice thank you aimee x

-reply by aimee

Running COD4 on a Athlon XP

Will I Run Cod4?

My Specs:

Athlon XP 2500+

1024MB Ram DDR-333

Geforce 6600 256MB

Yes, this system runs cod4 @ 1024x768 with low to medium quality, so lower system can run cod4 @ 800x600...

Running COD4 on a Athlon XP

Will I Run Cod4?

My Specs:

Athlon XP 2500+

1024MB Ram DDR-333

Geforce 6600 256MB

Yes, this system runs cod4 @ 1024x768 with low to medium quality, so lower system can run cod4 @ 800x600...

I've got the following rig:

Core 2 Duo E4400 (2.00 ghz)

1 Gb RAM 667

GeForce 7300 128 Mb OCed (The Rivatuner sliders at about 80%)

And in 800x600 It runs at a good 70-90 fps, but in minimum with Glow and Specular Map on, so I guess you'd get the same performance on your 6600, but on 640x480.

To the guy with the laptop, I'd say you better not bother cause its not going to run.

Yes of course you can run call of duty on your computer. I finished cod 4 and you will be surprised to find out my specs.Here they are,CPU - 2.8GHzVGA - 256 MB Ati Radeon, 9550 8X.Ram - 384MB. Yes dude! only 384MB of Ram when I played cod 4. Now I have 756MB. Still not 1 GIG:( But of course it did not work on full detail and anti aliasing for me but when I start to play I kind of forget about the graphics part. But your computer specifications are enough to handle cod 4. Hey, once you finish single player, don't forget to play multiplayer as well. It is totally different than single player and is much more fun too.

Hey,It might actually run on your computer, but I don't promise you a good quality. Of course, it depends a lot on your graphic card's quality and memory capacity.And I really love your ultimate machine haha =DIm having an Intel processor Core 2 Quad 4096 system memory and 720 GB hard drive with a 22po lcd screen =DIt own a lot for games and movies and so on...And Call of Duty 4 works pretty well on this and without a single lag.My graphic card though isnt really the one I wanted, but I am probably going to change it soon. I have an Nvidia geforce 8500 GT but again there I am not having any proiblem with my COD 4 =DTim.

You MIGHT be able to run it just skimming the minimum requirements!1GB Ram (requires 768mb on vista!)1.86GHZ Dual Core AMD Turion 64 X2 (simply not enough you need 2.4ghz MINIMUM!)Nvidia Go 6100 ( A slight chance this may run)Windows XP/Windows Vista (Dual Boot) (could make the game very laggy dual booting i think!)

you need a pretty fast computer to run cod 4. its really anoying cos it lags a bit on my computer even though my computer is fast for other games including the other cods.