xisto Community
boy-thoj

Is It Me, Or Is It Just Luck?

I just want some people opinion on this. And if you ever wonder, yes I am crazy ahah lolI don't really know why, but since 5-6 years now I've always been in a class where the other students aren't all serious, or doing their work. But when the school decided to do something and the winner get a pizza party, or some kind of party for the effort that class did to be able to win the contest.Well, I remember that in high school they had the charity thing. And the class who would collect the most money during that hour they'll get a pizza party. My classed collected around $300 making us the winner of the school. Everyone in the class was so exited to be the winner and all. And I happened to be in that class but did nothing to help the class collect more money. But since I was in that class I got credit for it, and I really did nothing but still go the credits. I feel bad in a way.Last week was halloween. Now I'm a college student, and my dorm have that competition thing on who every get the best decorate lounge get a pizza party. And just like in high school, I did nothing to help my floor decorate the lounge or give ideas to it. But it didn't matter, my floor won and we gonna get that pizza party. I did nothing, but still get the credit for winning since I'm living on the winning floor. It always seems to me that whereever I am, I always end up with the winning class, group, team, or whatever you call it. Well I'm not always winning or always doing nothing, but when it comes to sports I help and sometime my team would lose. But most of the time I'll always end up with the winning team. I told that to my friend, the girl I like =/ and she told me that I was lucky to always win. And that I should really try to do something to be number one. She told me she always wanted to be number one or always like to win. But to me, I don't know.... I don't really care either I win or lose. I don't really care either I'm first, or last. But somehow, I've always been on the winning side even though I barely do anything...So what do you think of this? Am I just lucky to be most of the team on the winning side? Or is it me that does something to the team without even knowing it that is why I'm always on the winning team?

Wow, I guess it's just chance that you're lucky, but your friend is right, you should try. Not necessarily to be number one or whatever, but, ya know, just... try. Because if you don't try in life then there's no point to... living. Don't be the kind of person that stuff just happens to, be the person that makes stuff happen. :rolleyes:

Have to agree with the poster above, indeed you are lucky, but would've suggested in the future when a opportunity like this comes around again. Definitely would have to go with the suggestion of at least attempting to do something! or contribute to help the others on the allocated tasks given to the group.

Yeah, I mean I'm sure you have been lucky, but I think the people on your team or in your class or whatever would appreciate it if you helped them out in all of this. Even if you aren't able to help much, if you try they'd notice that.

sometimes it's not just about us trying to help ourselves out in just the things we care about. sometimes it's about helping others succeed in the things THEY care about. one thing i learned in life is that it goes in cycles. at least i have noticed this in MY life. knowing this, i've also recognized that what goes around comes around. there will come a day when you nee help in something you care about and nobody is going to be there for ya.on the other hand, i have met 3 different types of people in this world personally. ones that terible things always happen to them for some unknown reason, ones that only good things happen to them for some uncanny reason, and the ones that are in the middle and go back and forth(like me). you may be in that catagory that you will just go through life where everything just goes your way for some reason. i've seen some weird crap in this world and can't explain the why's. i would just start caring a little more about others. you might not care right now if they take an interest in what YOU care about right now, but maybe one day you will and nobody will be there as i still believe what goes around comes around. it's easy to milk the good stuff for all it's worth, but is it worth it in the long run?only you can answer thatoh. i had to add on to this post so i am editing it. here's a deeper thought for ya bud.... :rolleyes:maybe you are helping without even realizing it. maybe by you not helping, it's forcing others to try harder and succeed in their full potential. it's weird how things work out sometimes and the hidden meanings by the results we see. maybe if you helped, others would think they didn't have to try as hard, but because you don't care wether you win or lose, it would have been the same as you not trying at all and hurting the group even more. ;) anyway, i had to add that deep confusing thought haha ok maybe i'm as crazy as you are....

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Or at least whether if its some small, medium or large contribution, at least some would be appreciative of the contributions that has been noted, whether if it is small or large.

Wow, I guess it's just chance that you're lucky, but your friend is right, you should try. Not necessarily to be number one or whatever, but, ya know, just... try. Because if you don't try in life then there's no point to... living. Don't be the kind of person that stuff just happens to, be the person that makes stuff happen. :rolleyes:

I like what you said "Don't be the kind of person that stuff just happens to, be the person that makes stuff happen" I sure hope life was that easy and that I could make things happen. But no, have to work really hard to make things happen. But about being number one... I never really cared. I don't even know why. Maybe because of what happen to me before when I was younger.

I grew up not being such a good kids when it came to study. I failed my second year in elementary school. Then after that year I started to study and became very good at it. And of course I would have my weakness too, but the over all was good. I wasn't always first, but I would like always being on the top 10. Then when I went on to middle school, every of my cousin was always on the top and was like first in the class rank. So what my uncle said was whoever would be ranked number one he would give money to them. So, I just took it as another challange and after two years I was number one.

I don't know... but now I'm really feeling like always being number one is boring. I don't know what is wrong with me now. Maybe I'm just crazy.. but yeah, I don't know I guess I was always lucky then. =/

Have to agree with the poster above, indeed you are lucky, but would've suggested in the future when a opportunity like this comes around again. Definitely would have to go with the suggestion of at least attempting to do something! or contribute to help the others on the allocated tasks given to the group.

I'll do something about it next there's something. Even if I'm not going to do a lot, I'll just try to do it and try to have some fun out of it.

As for my future I have no idea where it is heading now. Maybe if I didn't become that lazy I probably would still be on the top. Luck or not, that I have no idea... I'll just keep on living my life and try to do something good out of it.

Yeah, I mean I'm sure you have been lucky, but I think the people on your team or in your class or whatever would appreciate it if you helped them out in all of this. Even if you aren't able to help much, if you try they'd notice that.

I know what you mean. I'll do something about it for now on. At least I'll try to do something.

sometimes it's not just about us trying to help ourselves out in just the things we care about. sometimes it's about helping others succeed in the things THEY care about. one thing i learned in life is that it goes in cycles. at least i have noticed this in MY life. knowing this, i've also recognized that what goes around comes around. there will come a day when you nee help in something you care about and nobody is going to be there for ya.
on the other hand, i have met 3 different types of people in this world personally. ones that terible things always happen to them for some unknown reason, ones that only good things happen to them for some uncanny reason, and the ones that are in the middle and go back and forth(like me). you may be in that catagory that you will just go through life where everything just goes your way for some reason.

i've seen some weird crap in this world and can't explain the why's. i would just start caring a little more about others. you might not care right now if they take an interest in what YOU care about right now, but maybe one day you will and nobody will be there as i still believe what goes around comes around. it's easy to milk the good stuff for all it's worth, but is it worth it in the long run?

only you can answer that

oh. i had to add on to this post so i am editing it. here's a deeper thought for ya bud.... :rolleyes:

maybe you are helping without even realizing it. maybe by you not helping, it's forcing others to try harder and succeed in their full potential. it's weird how things work out sometimes and the hidden meanings by the results we see. maybe if you helped, others would think they didn't have to try as hard, but because you don't care wether you win or lose, it would have been the same as you not trying at all and hurting the group even more. ;) anyway, i had to add that deep confusing thought haha ok maybe i'm as crazy as you are....

Awww.... Thanks so much. I like what you said, and looks to me that most of that I really knew about it but like you said I just didn't care about it. Sometimes there's bad things happenning to me and I know exactly who did it and all. I always say that they'll pay for what they did, but then I never do it because of the cycle of life which you pretty much explain it all already. What goes aroud come around. No I never did it. But the thing that is weird is that sometime you don't do it then after a few days it happen again but this time it's someone different. Even though you didn't do it it still coming around too.

As for the 3 types of people... would you say that I'm the one who always have good things happening to me? That's maybe because of what I just wrote. But really, after that good things that happen to me. I always have financial problems.

About the last thing you added. I know that it works at time. I meant, I did that kind of stuff on my cousins just didn't really care giving it all, or winning or losing that they did every they could just to win and in the end they did win or at least get really close to win.

Life sure is strange, but I really think that's the beauty of life. If all those things happens then they were meant to happen. And if you don't try to enjoy it, then you never going to be able to enjoy life... isn't it?

It seems like it's just a coincidence and you might be feeling like you are lucky ,but if you ask me it's just a set of coincidences and maybe your mind is thinking that your lucky.

Coincidence... wouldn't that be a little too much to be just coincidence?? I don't know, but what I've heard is that those things happens to you more than usual then it's not a coincidence anymore... Bah, I really don't know but yeah, I'll just take everything as luck. Cuz I don't really want to believe that it's all about coincidences..

I think you tend to have good luck, by joining groups of people who work well, and even if you don't a lot, they continue to work.

Sometime I don't even choose the group and is just force to be with them. But in the end they do pretty good and all, even though some of them aren't so serious they still give it their all. This is what I find interesting... Sometimes even the lazier person would give it all just to win with a group of people he/she doesn't even know that well or even not at all.

But then I guess you can say I'm lucky for always being in those group that continue to work even if I don't contribute a lot to the group...