xisto Community
AskAndrewD

What Is The Best Emailer That You Have Ever Seen? Mine is Gmail =P

I really don't see what's wrong with hotmail.I have windows live and use it every day. Windows live messenger is really what I got it for. It's just handy to also have an email address that comes along with it.Very smooth.

Haha... If you want the best e-mail, make your own e-mail client...But otherwise, Gmail wins, big time...Windows Live Mail loads WAY too slowly... There are advertisements, and so many SPAM gets past the SPAM filter...With Gmail, almost all of my activation e-mails don't get read as spam but actual advertisements are...With Yahoo... I've had a terrible experience with yahoo... They have enough space and all, but I just don't like it overall... I'm not "Yahoo"...

I use an old hotmail for my daily email, but also opened a gmail account lately.. For msn Im using a hotmail (what else?).. and, well, gmail is pretty much the best one around if u ask me.

I would have to say Gmail, I use it and hardly get spam email and it integrates with my Mozilla Thunderbird very well. I also like the look of the web client for Gmail as well. Hotmail is nice and all, but it has alot of ads and stuff. Gmail is nice and simple.

I perfer hotmailWhat Is The Best Emailer That You Have Ever Seen?I love HOTMAIL! I'm forced to use google for school and just don't care for it. Things I dislike about gmail:-format, hotmail has really cool themes and just looking at the page is nice-spam, I RARELY get spam on hotmail, with gmail I get them constantly-grouping, maybe it's just me, but sometimes I prefer not to have all my emails grouped together. For example I may want to just respond on one issue to a single person (when multiple people are copied), but I just haven't figured out how to do that yet, I prefer all emails separate!I don't know why hotmail gets such a bad reputation, I love it.

Gmail is the best and always will be the best. Although I do use Hotmail, I actually despise hotmail because of the ads, it's slow, don't receive some emails, attachment thing never works.Gmail on the other hand is faster, receive all emails, no ads, more space [not that you need it].

I'm a loyal Gmail user, after tolerating several Hotmail & Yahoo accounts being sold off to the spam block... Once I had to clear out more than a page of spam a day, I would throw my hands up on that account and start over. The whole process became terribly annoying.

I do have to plug another great email provider, though: Bluebottle. I don't remember how I found them, and they used to be free-to-use (last I checked, not anymore), but their security setup is top-notch. You either have to pre-approve those you get email from, or the person who emails you will first receive a verification email from Bluebottle before you will receive anything from them. Honestly, its far better than anyone else I've ever used (even Gmail), and if I had the ability to pay for online services, I'd still be with them. The thing with Bluebottle is... don't let your account lapse for more than 30 days. And they stay on top of that, too. During times when I lost the ability to be regularly online for periods of time, I had to have my account re-instated. And they became pay-to-use during my last lapse of activity... woe :\

So there's my two cents :P

Gmail user here. Loving the Lab stuff, the ease of use, the effective spam blocking, the speed, integration with other Google tools (like Docs and Calendar), and all that jazz. However, I noticed that no one pointed out LasloMail. Or at least it used to be called LasloMail... I stumbled onto it looking for an alternative to creating Flash apps for MySpace, opting to use Laslo instead to get around the whole ActionScript block. Haven't used it in ages, but logging back into it shows that it hasn't changed much from what I remember it being back in the day aside from changing its name. It's still free and sports a desktop application look, and it seems pretty awesome and a decent if not on par to Gmail. I haven't really used it so I can't comment on how well it works out, but if for some reason you don't like Gmail, I would recommend you check it out and let us know what you think of it. LasloMail / GoWebTop The interface is created with the Laslo engine, which is similar to Flash, IMO. Apparently it's very easy to work with so that developers can create like-Flash applications without as much difficulty when it comes to scripting. I can't remember much else about the engine itself... when I looked at it in-depth last, it was a few years ago.

GMAIL! Google is a great company, i love almost all that they do. Most projects that come from google are started by their employees just playing around with ideas for fun!Maps, Street View, Ocean, etc all for free!GOOGLE ROCKS! :P

AOL - Spam But Organized 6/10Hotmail - Flags Important Email As Junk But Good Link With Live Messenger 8/10Gmail - Also Flags Important Email But You Can Customize Google Homepage and Save It And View Email Easily 8/10Overall 8/10I think the best 2 would be Hotmail and Gmail