xisto Community
AskAndrewD

What Is The Best Emailer That You Have Ever Seen? Mine is Gmail =P

Gmail is SO AWESOME MAN! you can do sweet stuff with it like share calenders, chat, (of course email too!), create websites

, and best of all, it's from a company you can trust! Google is a billion dollar company, and I would probably let them have total access of my computer - that's how much I trust them. What do you guys think?What is your favorite emailer?What special features does it have?

For a free e-mail system Gmail tops the lot. It links in with the Google toolbar and with iGoogle.I have tried all the hotmail and yahoo ones and yeah I still have them, but they have filled up with so much spam I only use them to sign up for things I rarely use. If I do use one of them for something I actually like - I can always change to my regular Gmail account.Gmail is also configurable into Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail - unlike so many other so called free mailers.

I wouldn't trust google, but that's just me. However, they do have one of the better services. Live mail does look tonnes better and feels "nicer" but I haven't been using it enough to really say which is "better". Gmail's spam filter rocks though.

Google service is great it works fine it is simple it is just well you could say the way I like it. But there are certain things that might be developed further. First of all I hate that thing with Beta Beta is cool but c'mon how long do they intend to keep beta sign. And furthermore going that google is such a nice guy and so on tehy have done great job in circuling themselves in case someone gets to read your emails or something else. So you see there are problems with google service but there is no problem that cannot be fixed just if they want to do that. But somehow I think that they will not fix this ssoon and I am not only one guiy weaning about this Beta. For such larger and successful companies it is in my very personal opinion shame to have sucha project constant time in Beta they should think about it further and finish it. Gmail or google mail has millions of users world wide and it makes some of the google;'s reputation how come that they cannot pull out this project out of beta it is a shame. They probably think oooo its so nice to have project in beta we are not responsible for that anything and we are not affraid and blablabla. come on google pull it out of beta once and for all no serious project can be held in beta for such a prolonged time period. And few things I would like to say about hotmiail. Hotmail was really a weak service few years ago when comparred to teh yahoo and google two major services at a time. But now hotmail has changed and like many microsofts products in the one year period when microsoft changed themselves a lot has changed as well. Hotmail gained even more space has the most advance interface. Yes THE most advance interface. Their service is responsive and they don't take liberty to discard small people that is smalll customers just like that like google is doing. Nice interface is one thing but if you are using htomail then you know that their interface is really useful one and practical in my opinion also they offer better and more powerful reader for the mail. On the other hand why am I using mostly google service in the end iss because they have allowed remote access to the emails. Like pop3 and imap. So you see there are advantages. However I hope that the microsoft crew for hotmail will understand that it would be nice to allow people such access and that they will allow it in the end. Best regards everyone this post has been a lot longer then I have anticipated.

Google keeps gmail in beta because it fits better with the laws for them, or something like that. Google is known for their security leaks but they usually don't bother fixing them either.

Is Google is really known for their security leaks??I've been using Yahoo mail for the longest time now, and I think that their service is good, but at the same time I made a google account. Google mail is really truly awful for people with dialup because it conflicts with the 56k bps and also its infuriating how slow the CSS and whatnot gets inputted in Gmail. I really like Yahoo mail but they have too many ads on their service.I may be trying Hotmail or whatnot in the future because this canreally be infuriating for someone like me, through crusades to strive for the best e-mail provider. I made my own site, and squirrelmail really sucks. Imo.I like Yahoo mail the best.

Google is the best in my opinion. It features many things, and my favourite is POP access. Yahoo and Hotmail is good too. I have GMail, Hotmail, and Yahoo! account. However some site don't accept Yahoo mails I don't know why (confirmation emails).

i think that gmail is the best free email provider on the web the bit that i like the most is the fact that with replying to emails and recieving replies gmail causes the replies to order themselves on the same page one after the over in a manner of a conversation also i like the program that you can download can't remember the name of it exactly but what it does is informs you of new emails saves you from even logging on. Gmail is great !!

Hehe. It seems like everyone who posted here using Gmail.Well, I agree with most people here - I think Gmail.I don't have that much experience with a whole range of different email providers but I'm pretty satisfied with Gmail.I can't think of any complaints at the moment that I have with Gmail.Google makes really good services and a reliable corporation IMO.

I personally love Gmail. Its spam filter has always been every accurate for me and there are NO ads on their site either which is great. Live mail and Yahoo are pretty cluttered up in their interfaces. I also like Gmail since I can skin it using a Firefox extension called FireBug. Currently, however, I am using the RoundCube Webmail client to manage all my e-mail accounts, it's excellent! ;) Just have a look at their website (Link) if your interested.

Any dummie can tell you it's plain to see that gmail sits on top unrivalled. I have a number of accounts but I only use Gmail when it come to anything serious. Below are some of the accounts that I have listed in the way I rate them.1. Hotmail.com2. Yahoomail.com3. Rediffmail.com4. Bonbon.com5. cooltoad.com6. 37.com7. Fastermail.com8. yo.co.zw(the simplest I've ever used. Don't try it. It's only for Zimbos)the top 3 are the only ones that I think are worth using.

I've used a lot of emails... and still do, but my favourite would have to be gmail. Yes, they do offer the best features, and the most space. I don't think I'd be so trusting with Google though... sure, they are a big company, and I don't think they care less about the pointless emails that I send, but if I were to send something that was supposed to be uber-top-secret, I might not be doing it from a free email program. But that's just me. I might be paranoid. Not that I have to, since I don't send anything worth worrying over.

I use gmail. Never had issues with it and it seems to have like unlimited space. I use hotmail on occasion too but I really like the way that gmail is set up, especially with how it "stacks" emails from the same person.

I have really preferred GMail ever since I started using it.The way mails are threaded as conversations and the general interface (fast and user-friendly) make things convenient.And lately, they have also added a feature where domain users can use their domain name as Gmail address for free.I discovered this feature lately (in settings).Thumbs up to Google!