xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hippiman

What Is Martial Arts Exactly? Fighting, or anything?

I was looking through the topics in this section, and I saw yoga as a form of martial arts. And I started to wonder what exactly martial arts was.I thought it was the art of fighting, or practicing for fighting, or it at least had to have something to do with fighting. So how does yoga fit into that?So, I was just wondering, does anyone have a concrete definition of martial arts? Does it have to do with fighting, or just motion or something like that? :rolleyes:

Usually martial arts refers to some kind of fight. But more than "fight" the correct term is "defend". Defend others (including the one is attacking) and defend yourself (self-defend).

When you are training a Martial Art, you train your body and your mind. It's a balance.

The highest level in Martial Art training is not have to fight. The lowest level is when you have to fight.

I was looking through the topics in this section, and I saw yoga as a form of martial arts. And I started to wonder what exactly martial arts was.I thought it was the art of fighting, or practicing for fighting, or it at least had to have something to do with fighting. So how does yoga fit into that?

So, I was just wondering, does anyone have a concrete definition of martial arts? Does it have to do with fighting, or just motion or something like that? :rolleyes:

Nice interesting explanation. Ok then yoga helps you train you body and mind in a way but how will it help avoiding fights? I mean you have to have fighting skills to defend and avoid not relaxation techniques. So I still don't get why yoga should eb a matrial art.