xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Picc84

What Do You Guys Think Of Mit hm...

Its my dream, to go to MIT. although highly unlikly due to my school I go to does not allow for me to really get into the classes I need, I can always tack on extra's my JR, and SR year if needed during the summer...Just asking what you guys think? Worth it? I see its one of the most profound (if thats the word i'm looking for) Inst. of Tech. In the world. And allot of Mathamaticions have came out of there, but i'm looking more into the Computer Field.

I'm not from US but I heard about MIT. Its definitely one of the top institute of technology in the world with prestigious accreditations and reputation. I heard a lot about it. Read an article about students from MIT who participated in various competitions and such. If you want to go for it, do it! It's well worth the investment in my opinion. Nowhere better to learn computer than the top tech inst. in the world.

I probably could've gone there, but it would've been thousands of miles away and tons of money.Even if you don't get in/can't afford it, theres a lot of other good computer schools in america, and in the long run i dunno if a MIT education would offset the student loans vs. a degree from another decent school that costs lest.

MIT without doubt is one of the best univs in the world. IT easily ranks among the top 5. So, if you stand a chance for getting admission into MIT, then i don't see any valid reason why you should not grab it. But, if you are looking into Computer Science, then according to me, there cant be a place better than stanford. Google ,Orkut, are all products f stanford's products. So it would be a dream univ for any aspirant wishing to take up Computer Science .Good Luck for your future !!!

I used to dream of going to MIT for grad school...but I don't know if I really want to go that route anymore.What I currently love about MIT is their OpenCourseWare (ocw.mit.edu). I've downloaded lectures that interest me, put them on my mp3 player, and I just walk around listening to interesting information. It's easy and I've learned some cool things so far!

You know they should just combine Harvard and MIT together because the standards are so high there that unless your a famous person and rich you can't really get into them. On top of that you IQ has to be like 150+ in order to be able to understand the course material in those schools and be able to keep up. It is definately worth going to if you can get in because your push at a whole new level of education and knowledge databases.

You know they should just combine Harvard and MIT together because the standards are so high there that unless your a famous person and rich you can't really get into them. On top of that you IQ has to be like 150+ in order to be able to understand the course material in those schools and be able to keep up. It is definately worth going to if you can get in because your push at a whole new level of education and knowledge databases.

Your IQ doesn't need to be super great. You do however need the grades and some will power.
6 students that graduated from my high school got accepted at MIT. ( Out of a class of about 120 - maybe less. )
You have to show them that you are different. ( The valedictorian, was rejected by Yale and other top schools, while lower ranked people got into higher schools. )

As for MIT:

If you get the chance, take it!!!! You might need to take out loans if you cant pay for it, but if you get you reducation there, you will be able to find a high paying job.

Yeah, one of my friends got to MIT. Important things that could get you in there are your personal essay and a couple of letter of recommendation. Smart people with high GPA are EVERYWHERE. Just remember there's always something only you have. Show it :)