xisto Community
thatguy93

Theres This Girl, Ugh! >.<

Ok, as the topic says theres this girl, i guess you could call us friends, we talk in the halls and i occasionally go to her locker but we don't really hang out or anything. I have really liked her since we met in study hall last year and now shes in my italian class and all i can think about is how beautiful funny and sweet she is. I don't really get to see her much, im what you would call a geek, i think some of her friends might hate me, and i don't know if she likes me, all of which really add to the situation. I've never really had a girlfriend so im really lost as to how to ask her out or even if i should ask her out presently I keep hearing that "i should just get to be her friend more" which is really what ive been trying to do and isn't easy, me being 14 and generally not being able to go places with her. Another thing i often hear is "get her msn or email" but i don't know how to do this without sounding creepy. I really like and think i might love this girl, and whenever were around eachother it just feels right (even if it is usually just for 45 seconds before her friend pries her away from me :rolleyes:[the one i think hates me] ). So now i turn to you, internet people, to help me out and give me advice. Thanks for any input guys ;)

Edited by thatguy93 (see edit history)

The word 'prise' suggests to me that she too likes you...Well, if you get into a conversation about yourselves, and you just say, "Thats a point, shall we swap MSN addys?" it sounds quite natural.

be yourself, and make sure that you don't pretend to be a different person. Also about her friend, just ignore her (not ignore her like give her the silent treatment, but ignore her interference). Gt closer and closer to her and when you become good friends just stay that way until you're ready to have a relationship. Take it slowly and you'll get it right. As for the MSN thing or something, just ask her as if your asking her for a piece of paper or something... don't just go up to her and go 'what's your MSN'? or "sweetie? what is your MSN account'? do it easily yet humble so something like 'Can I have your MSN?' or something like that, don't be stupid and don't embarrass her. There are plenty of articles on Xisto that tell you how to treat a girl etc... So yeah...Oh, and... aaa... Good Luck *winks*

As CSP says, just ask her if she has MSN or the such and ask if you can add her to keep in touch, and that be the best cue in for assing "would you like to go to the movies one time?..." . Any time which you two can have together away from school is good time. Just keep being yourself as long as your not there talking about games or computers etc. talk about something that would interest her or find out what she gets in to, will help make conversation. Don't be afraid to be yourself, if this is your first, then trust people when they say "they'll be plenty more to come ...."... so don't worry about losing her or trying to change for her. As for her friend, she may not like you just because your not in her "in" group. Just learn to dodge her comments with something smart that will make the girl you like laugh.

Yeah, be yourself. If other people don't like you, that's their problem.Make an effort to be a gentleman and make her laugh. You can tell that she likes you, and that's good.Don't practice what you're going to say too much, because it becomes robotic and it could put her off you.Good luck mate!!

Be yourself has always been one of the key.Then after that you have to find your own time to see her more often in school, so that way you can talk with her lot more. You also said she's in your Italian class? Is she better than you in it? If she is that'll just be the perfect reason to ask for her number or her email, so that way you can ask her to help you with the homework and all. That would give you lot more time to spend with her also. But if you're are better than her, then you should try to come up with an excuse to be able to get her number or her email.Else if you don't want to approach her that way, there's always the direct way. Which ask for a lot of courage to tell the girl you like that you like her. Also if you do tell her and that she doesn't like you, it's not the end of the world. So keep you head up.Yeah, I know... easy to say than done. Anyhow, I did told the girl that I like that I like her and got rejected. And now I barely see her or hear from her. It hurts, but have to live with it now. So yeah.. Choose carefully of the way you want to approach her, that's all I have to say.

Okay, so, I actually was kinda in the... uh, exact same position a year ago, and things worked out for me, so here's my advice.Okay, well, it's not italian class, but whatever.Anyway, this was the first girl I ever really liked, I mean, as more than a friend, because most girls seem totally shallow, self-absorbed, and totally vapid, but, anyway, we met in class, and we kinda became friend I guess and... okay, well, this worked for me.- talk to her more, try to be friendly, um, I'm sure you have a sense of what's appropriate.- uhhh I don't think her friend hates you, but I couldn't be sure from what you said, maybe (maybe) girl you like's friend knows that girl you like likes you but doesn't want girl you like to not spend as much time with her or something like that- yeah, as for swapping emails or chat or whatever, um, just wait for a good time, I think csp4.0's advice is pretty good. I waited until just before the beginning of summer to ask so we could stay in touch over the (long, boring) summer, though right now is October so I'm assuming that isn't an option, but, hey, you sound smart, you can think of something. before summer was a pretty good idea at least for me though, because we ended up hanging out quite a bit over the summer and having a lot of fun.- Put yourself in her shoes. Like, I mean, what's the worst she could say? Girls and guys aren't really that different, but they psyche themselves into thinking they're so different from each other. Play out scenarios in your head, thinking about which things you can say can't have a negative outcome. Think about if some girl you didn't like but didn't really dislike came up to you and said such things how you would respond.- Remember her birthday. Whether it's just saying happy birthday, making a card, or buying her chocolate and flowers, it's always a chance for you to be incredibly smooth.- There's really no bad outcome. You always have to remember that this is another human being you're dealing with the same basic emotions and feelings as you, so this isn't anything to take lightly. However, my philosophy is that, no matter what you do, as long as you have good intentions and follow your better judgment, you can usually make things work out in the end.Last of all, remember that the most important thing is that you just want to spend time enjoying each other's company, and if things don't work out, your heart will heal eventually and there are plenty more fish in the sea.Good luck with everything!

well if you dont feel that you guys are'nt close eanough just get clode to found out wat she likes and wat makes her laugh,in a none freaky maner, and you know how you say that your conversations only last 45 seconds well make it longer if you know stuff shes interested in they will last long. stuff like email and myspace etc. will come naturally and if you guys do get to know each other a lot better it'll be a lot easier to just say hey wat your email or wat ever. being a geek does not effect how you get a girl if they realy like you it wont matter,cause i've seen some of the geekiest guys with some of the hostests girlfriends. about her friend dont mind her just be nice to her maibe the reason she's like that could be because she's afraid she might loose her friend to you. who knows just be yourself and dont sell yourself short.

Please stop telling people to turn EMO, Cause they actually go and do, and if its any thing we need less of int this society, it's EMO's!!!! ;) I like your post though, straight and simple to the point. What does one do if they say they dont like you? :rolleyes: Anyway, good luck you all!

Get her MSN. Thats quite easy to do, also allows both of you to spend more time outside of scohol. Without you having to go outside. Best thing to do, is to give her YOUR MSN. Or bring up a discussion about a MSN convosation you had. Keep on the subject, ask if she has MSN then give her yours. Or ask for hers, up to you. Whatever feels right at the moment.Don't be nervous and be yourself.

Ok, thanx for all your input so far guys.It turns out that she knows i like her, but i don't know if she likes me, a few days ago her friend (actually doesn't hate me[just kinda dislikes me]) said "stay away (girls name) is mine"... not sure it that was a joke :P and someone whose been an enemy of mine for bout 3 yrs now and i would describe as an 4$$h013 might like her, more out of spite to me than because he likes her i think he's been hanging out with her alot and is trying to make me jelous :D :sigh: i hate that guy...really jsut voicing my thoughts here but still, any feedback is good.

dude man up, forget about that enemy, because he has no rights to do anything to you. Even if he does you can press charges on him and whatnot. Btw im 14 as well, and I know these things >.<If she knows you like her then why didn't you ask her, if it would be cool if we can hook up or something. |Even though she might be the right girl and stuff..trust me, after your done crying and being emo and stuff, you'll be like hey its better being single :P