xisto Community
mc05w37

Do Girls Like Tall Guys?

do girls like tall guys?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im going to have to say they are attracted to taller guys. i am 199cm (6 ft. 4 in.) and not to be conciet or anything, i tend to get a lot of girl hitting on me. its not only your height however, you have to have a good personality and some pretty good looks. so yes, girls like taller guys, because most guys are taller than girls, and when the girl is taller than the guy, its just weird.looks and personality are part of it too because a good personality is always great. me, i have a great outlook towards almost anything, and im pretty chill, but outgoing at the same time. and luckily for me, thats the personality that most girls i like like that kind of personality. looks arent something you can completely controll, so thats kinda just a little bit of luck, but it shouldnt matter much.what i do to look better is wear cool clothes. i dont shop at all the expensive stores all the time, but i wont lie, i do have some clothes from there (my mom always asks me if i want to go to stores like Hollister or Abercrombie, i usually say no, and go to American Eagle or Kohls). so simple things to do are just dress nicely and style your hair. the style i want i need to grow my hair a bit longer, but its almost there, and its a sweet style.as for styles, go for something that makes it look messy, thats what is "in" right now. whether it be a mohawk type thing or just kinda shaggy and messed around, it looks good. just go to a barber shop and look in the style books and choose something you like, thats what i did and i found the perfect hair style.just remember, looks arent everything, personality is good too. but dont try and be someone you arent, that can turn out bad. just be yourself, even if you are shy, i am too, i normally let the girl make the first move because that way she can do it when she is ready.

Sorry mate, but they do.Just like boys like shorter girls.But they dont like guys who are absolutely towering over them.On the other hand, they think small guys are cute and you've got a chance there. :rolleyes:

Personally, I find myself attracted to taller guys, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been with some shorter ones either. It all depends on the person to me... People can be attractive in several ways, and if you are lacking in the height area, you can more than make up for that in other ways as well.Also, for my sister who is rather tall herself, she's not had any problem with dating a man that was shorter than her (since many of them are, because of her height) and they were together for over a year, but moved apart for university, so it eventually didn't work out. But she was fine with it while they were together, and they did make a good couple... Mind you, he wasn't that much shorter than her, but still a bit.

im going to have to say they are attracted to taller guys. i am 199cm (6 ft. 4 in.) and not to be conciet or anything, i tend to get a lot of girl hitting on me. its not only your height however, you have to have a good personality and some pretty good looks. so yes, girls like taller guys, because most guys are taller than girls, and when the girl is taller than the guy, its just weird.

your right about the guy being taller then the girl.. cause yeah thats what we like in general... we don't like tall guys , we like guys that are taller then us.. so any guy that is taller then us is good.. to be honest.. your height is just TOO tall.. I'd like my guy to never be taller then 180cm .. very tall guys look like giants.. its just too wierd cause its not that common to find a girl that is shorter then ur height by 5 cms

I agree that it's not tall guys in general that girls like, just guys that are taller than them. My best friend, who is rather tall, says that one of the things she hates about it is that it limits the people she'll date...she doesn't want to be with a short guy. But my roommate's boyfriend is shorter than her, so there are obviously exceptions.I've also noticed that my brother, who is over 6' tall and a freshman in high school, gets A LOT of attention from girls. His shortest friends seem to have more difficulty. But that doesn't mean that you should be hopeless if you're short...there are plenty of girls out there who don't care about a guy's height.

I voted yes and no just because the question is not complete.Yes if they are good looking, no if they are not, yes if they have good qualities that can be better then the fact of not beeing good looking, no if they are good looking but they do not have qualities at all or just a few not important to girls, which by the way, usually think more with their hearts and not with their second head, if you know what i mean, usually men think with sex in mind, not women, women think with their heads, and that is why they are better then us men, just simply because of that simple and "small" point, which obviously is enough.

My combined height of my original height and heels is about 170cm. As long as the guy isn't shorter than that, I'm fine with that. Anyway 175cm isn't particularly short. Some hollywood actors are shorter than that but they are Cruising (ahem) along fine. If you have a good personality or good looks, you will make up for your unsatisfactory height. Also, I think guys who are too tall are quite intimidating.

I think that generally, I like taller guys. However, I am really short, so it's hard for guys to actually be shorter then me. But this is not the deciding factor. I look at many other things in a guy, and not just height. Height is just one of the variables and can be looked over if the others are all good <_<For exemple, I am crushing this guy who is MUCH taller then me, and even though kissing would be awkward to say the least, I don't really care, cause he's got many other things going for him! So don't worry about that too much.

my height is only 175cm and i don't have the confidence to court girls because of my height.

I agree, girls ARE attracted to tall guys, but as long as the guy is at least 1 inch taller than she is. that is no problem!

I am 5 foot 7, and I would go for a guy that was at least 5 foot 8 and up to 6 foot 4.

I once dated a guy that was 6 foot. and he always used to say he was attracted to short petite girls, and made me feel like I was a giant or something, and i was only 5 foot 7.

and then i dated a guy that was 6 foot 4, and I felt all nice and feminine because standing next to him, I felt small, so I felt nice. He dumped me though (3 months ago). Still getting over the heartache, but that's another story.

Just yesterday my dad tried to set me up with a guy that was SHORTER than me ! 5 foot 6. I was so angry, because I have told my dad, I am only attracted to guys that are tall, ie taller than me. My dad is desperate for me to get married ( i feel like I am in a jane austen novel!).

Anyways my point. you should not be worried at all, as 5 foot 9 is a perfectly good height :lol:

I personally wouldn't go for a guy that was shorter than me, or was the same height, as I do like to wear heels. and I am just old fashioned in the sense, it's nice for the guy to be taller. that's all.
Edited by Laara (see edit history)

All the girls I have met like taller guys, and some have mentioned that they would not like to date guys that are shorter than them or guys that are extremely tall. So I guess the answer for this would be yes..