xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
biopa99

Buy Cat Cat

i wouldnt say there is a "good" or "bad" cat. its just how they are raised. if you treat them poorly, they will probably end up hating you and stay away from you and bite you. if you treat them well, then they will be around you more and purr more often.as for looks, i have always like black cats and caramel colored cats. those are the kinds my friends always had. but there are lots of other cool looking cats around. so just look around, maybe go to an animal shelter, and choose a kind you like, if you find one at an animal shelter, they are usually a lot cheaper and have been trained already.just dont hate them and be good to them. your life with your cat will be totally sweet if you love it and treat it with respect.

I think the dude ment more like the type of qualities you try to achieve through selective breeding by "good". More healthy, resistant to disease, fine fur, no genetic disorders maybe.

The best thing I can suggest is to look for a kitten with a good coat of fur (nice and shiny), no obvious medical disorders (simply because treatments for animals cost a fortune, so much so that I've heard of people getting rid of cats just because they had epilepsy and they couldn't pay for the medication) and a good lineage!! (ie parents were healthy cats etc.)

Good luck! And remember, as it's coming close to that time, a cat is for life not just for Christmas! (That said, kittens are so darn cute!)

If you are going to get a cat, I recommend getting one which isn't too old or too young. I personally like older cats since they have 'life experience' although the person above me is right... Kittens are cute.I suggest you pick a cat whom you like and the cat likes you. There are some cats who just doesn't like you and some others who'll love you.The coat is also very important, some cats shed alot, and some doesn't. The colour is on you, which ever one you like. The cat should also be very healthy, and should never have broken bones. You should also live near a vet, or can get medical attention to your cat if it has an accident or something.So the cat should be with you until you or it dies, I severely DO NOT recommend that you abandoned the cat, it'll break your heart and it'll break your cat's.I used to have a cat, whom I loved very much. When I was visiting another country, the cat became very sad and didn't eat anything. When I came back it was like a cat that hasn't eaten anything in 2 months. About 1 week later it died. I did all that I could but ultimately it died, I cried and cried.So don't abandon a pet, you won't know what it feels like...