xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
XeNoToSs

Suggestions? imm opened to ne suggestions good or bad

ok. i want to buy a computer. a computer that is good runs smoothly ( i dont know dead *BLEEP* about them) and one that i can use for gaming alot of games. and one that i can run from half a day to a full day. and also one that can be used for 2-4 years? and cost roughly around 1000- 2000 $. iono.....wut are ur suggestions?

If I were yopu, I would go with an AMD Athlon... Do they make them any more? I dunno... AMD Sempron i thing thay have now...Or an AMD Athlon64, thats 64bit!Anyway, a good computer to run games smoothley?I would say something like:2Ghz CPU512Mb RAM120Gb HHDThat should run most games smoothley, even a big game like the sims 2!

The Dell XPS Gen 4 System-kind of starts at $1699 (in the US) but it's very good-for unmatched performance in the desktop arena, get the Pentium? 4 Processor w/ HT Tech Extreme Edition sure it's at 3.46GHz, but it has a 1066 FSB, which means that it's [virtually] 1.25x faster than a standard computer with the same speed. It's probably going to be faster than that because the whole system is tuned for it. About an xtra $750.-costs about $3500 if you get all the good stuff.So if you have the money, there's no better in thedesktop arena that's standard.

If I were yopu, I would go with an AMD Athlon... Do they make them any more? I dunno... AMD Sempron i thing thay have now...

Or an AMD Athlon64, thats 64bit!

Anyway, a good computer to run games smoothley?

I would say something like:

2Ghz CPU

512Mb RAM

120Gb HHD

That should run most games smoothley, even a big game like the sims 2!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well there are some AMD athlon 64 for alienware... but i dunno... if i should get that or something else. ;) but if i do we'll be ordering from the website... and i dunno how to config it? maybe when we do it i can IM u on aim or something...?

The Dell  XPS Gen 4 System

-kind of starts at $1699 (in the US) but it's very good

-for unmatched performance in the desktop arena,

get the PentiumŽ 4 Processor w/ HT Tech Extreme Edition

sure it's at 3.46GHz, but it has a 1066 FSB, which means

that it's [virtually] 1.25x faster than a standard computer

with the same speed. It's probably going to be faster than

that because the whole system is tuned for it. About an xtra $750.

-costs about $3500 if you get all the good stuff.

So if you have the money, there's no better in the

desktop arena that's standard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive seen that for months already and it seems pretty good, altthough the price is a too high and i dont need a realy really really good one just a good one that can be used on days on end with outa problem

thanks for both of ur suggestions, its appreciated greatly thanks!

well there are some AMD athlon 64 for alienware... but i dunno... if i should get that or something else.  but if i do we'll be ordering from the website... and i dunno how to config it? maybe when we do it i can IM u on aim or something...?

What do you mean config it? I aint gor AIM, i got MSN Messenger tho...

I would either get something like this. Or save for a while and get an even higher model. It's a complete desktop; so that performance rating really is at a good price. Alienware's are great for gaming, and plus you get a awsome looking case. lol ;)

hmmmwell, i would usually say custom build it yourself... find the parts and put it together, it cant be too hard i guess. plus its a hell of a lot cheaper and you feel chuffed that you just built a computer lolbtw, i woulndt go for alienware tbh, they are a rip off, you can custom build a pc with the same spec for a lot cheaper! sorry, but its true...

i will suggest Alienware also...i'm not using it ....but there are a lot of my friends who works a full-time gamer..that alienware is a good choice for gaming...another suggestions is that ...i surely think a large space hard-disk is needed...like 100GB or more...since u see...game always have bugs...and in my experience ...( i surely install and play more then few hundred or thousand of different game...chinese japanese english ....big company small company games...)and when i install a lot of game in my computer...my computer end up really unstable...so i usually split my computer in 2 drives...eg. C: and D: one for the system and one for games....good things is if u need to reinstall or even format yr system...usually u can keep those valuable save u have...and also once yr system become unstale...u can just format the system drive ...without pain.... sorry abit off topic...secondly ...cooling for cpu, display card , motherboard is really important...so b4 thinking about get a good cpu or display card...count the cost of cooling system also...my recent computer.... my cooling system become cost more then my motherboard+cpu... i bought this pc for about half a year now...and run quite smooth with different games...and cooling...really important for gaming beside a really good cpu and display card..