xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
csp4.0

Extreme Pc Garage

You ever heard of the MTV show Pimp my Ride? or that other show Monster Garage?well here is a new show called extreme pc garage, its where these guys take another guy's extreme bad computer then pimp it, etc.The show is run by XFX, but although its outdated and only has 1 episode its still pretty cool, even though the hardware in that computer is now so out dated. well, here is the website where you can see the original pilot episode (full version) and the specs for the computer they pimped up... http://www.extremepcgarage.com/ a show like this would really be popular to all those computer geeks (like me) and it would tell alot of people about computers, and won't like computers but don't know how it actaully works. So... enjoy...

Jesus. Imagine getting that machine for free. Over $20000, although the case cost $16000. But still, I want that computer so bad.As for the show, they have a lot of lame stuff they say but its a lot less lame than pimp my ride. I liked it overall and I'm jealous of that guy.

who wouldn't be jealous of that guy? Even now that computer would still be very good, and the case would still attract people and stuff like that...I think it would of done very well as an online show, but I'm not so sure of a televised show since not many 'computer geeks' watch that much TV.I wonder why XFX cancelled it... I do think that it is better than 'Pimp my ride' but pretty much on par with monster garage (since they do it for a good cause (i.e. giving a car to a good friend))Remember the show was made like 2 years ago and some of the stuff that they say is way outdated, but hey back then we would of thought that this computer will be future proof for 2 years... but now you can get on (not including the case) for like $1500I do hope that XFX or some other enthusiast company keeps these shows going, because it will increase publicity to that company and would show that not all big companies (like EA) aren't have bad (well maybe not EA, it'll take them a llllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg time to get them on track)

i watched the episode, and it looked so scripted it wasnt even funny. i like the idea, but the people just werent natural. it was plain retarded. if they could make it more like pimp my ride, it would be better, but really, a show about computers isnt going to get far because not many people would watch it. like, how many people actually want to watch a team of geeks build someone a computer. its a bad concept of a show because not many people are into those kinds of things. i have to admit, the computer was cool, eventhough now the stuff is extremely outdated. like ridiculously extremely outdated.

i watched the episode, and it looked so scripted it wasnt even funny. i like the idea, but the people just werent natural. it was plain retarded. if they could make it more like pimp my ride, it would be better, but really, a show about computers isnt going to get far because not many people would watch it. like, how many people actually want to watch a team of geeks build someone a computer. its a bad concept of a show because not many people are into those kinds of things. i have to admit, the computer was cool, eventhough now the stuff is extremely outdated. like ridiculously extremely outdated.

You have to remember that the show was set in 2005 not today, back then we would of dreamed that we had those components.The person doesn't look as surprised as he should of been although it does look kind of scripted, that guy is supposed to act more if he was really unaware that he won...