xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AcaiR

Watch Star Wars Inside Cmd Watch Star Wars inside CMD

Watch Star Wars inside CMD, Title is pretty self-explanitory.1. Open Windows CMD2. type: telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl3. Press Enter4. Enjoy

Well once I figured it out I have to say that is awesome stuff, I only can imagine how long it took to create a text version of star wars, but either that is cool. Got any more ASCII text stories like that floating around?

Dear lord,How the heck could anyone have that much time!But man is it entertaining or what!Great find!

mmm... it doesn't seem to work, it says that 'telnet' is not recognizable as a command, it would of been nice to see it, might just go try it on my friend's computer. its amazing just how much time people have these days...

Watch Star Wars inside CMD, Title is pretty self-explanitory.1. Open Windows CMD
2. type: telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl
3. Press Enter
4. Enjoy

Indeed this is quite old but I still enjoy watching it from time to time. Just to clarify this isn't the entire movie only about 1/3 of it. This isn't just a windows feature, the thing is on the net, not hardcoded into windows so you can see it on mac and linux too. You just need telnet to do this, contact your ISP for more info on if you have telnet or not. You do not even need to go through all of these steps. Just point your browser here: telne http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to go to it and it will open the cmd automatically if you have telnet support.

mmm... it doesn't seem to work, it says that 'telnet' is not recognizable as a command, it would of been nice to see it, might just go try it on my friend's computer. its amazing just how much time people have these days...

As I said above, you need telnet. Contact your ISP for more info.

Can you tell me what is CMD please? And how to start it?

CMD is an abbreviation for Command, or Command prompt. If you are on a windows machine you can just go under start> run and type cmd. If you have a mac you can find the terminal under Applications>Utilities. Different distros of linux may have the terminal in different places but I'd check under the applications menu if your on a linux machine.
Once again, you do not have to use the terminal to do this, just go to telne http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and the terminal will open by itself and start playing if you have telnet.
Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

Nice! I have watched an ASCII demonstration inside Knoppix (Linux based system), it shows 3d objects, and much more, it had music too, the experience from watching it is really non-describeable ;) I just don't remember of the project of the demonstration... I have read somewhere, that it's idea is for making an operating system, with GUI only based on ASCII :rolleyes: But I think the project hasn't been realised :D It's been from 1997 I think (not sure)...