xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlphaOfDoom

[question]best Virus Protector

Well I get a lot of viruses, and I must ask: What is the very best 'free' virus protection software?I have McAfee and Avira AntiVir, but I was just wondering if there was better.

I think the best antivirus is Antivir Personal edition, coz it is always free. When you got new viruses just send it to their website at avira.com and I always do that. Then they'll make a new update for their vdf (Viruses definition file) you can download and update your program. I curently use that antivir but Now I use NO antivir in my computer, I use deepfreeze to make my computer condition is always fresh.

I think that NOD32 out performs all of them, because it uses alot less system resources and is very reliable, it's also written mostly in assembler.But Symantec Norton AntiVirus is a good AV program because of its simplicity, so it would be good for first time computer users, but I personally prefer NOD32, its cheap, reliable, and written in assembler

honestly, i would just delete your mc afee if i was you. mc afee and norton take up so much ram its not funny. i use AVG as a antivirus guard, and ashampoo as a registry keys scanner (and rootkit finder). i havnt had a virus in so long! :P

Always a popular topic :PI quite like using Avira Antivir (as many do here) as my main antivirus, and AVG with the realtime features disabled as a secondary full scan program. I think with the plethora of free antivirus software (of which these two are quite good) around it is a dangerous assumption that one will always be the best, and by using these two in combination I've not had problems - whereas I only installed Avira on my brother's computer, and have been fighting against vundo ever since...Switch when you start to hear lots of issues with your current antivirus package, or that another free one is good, IMO.