xisto Community
varalu

Blog Action Day Blogging for a common cause...

This is a nice initiative by Cyan Ta'eed, her husband Collis Ta'eed, and Leo Babauta (All of these names are related to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) to create Blog Action Day, a worldwide initiative to get blogs posting about a common cause: the environment.
I am a regular blogger, but missed the first action day by days... But i am sure i will join this initiative the next time.

If you think you should be notified by email regarding the next Blog Action day in 2008 do register yourself using the below link.
Register to 2008 Blog Action Day

Statistics about 2007 Blog Action Day

" Measuring an initiative like Blog Action Day is difficult. In 2007 we asked bloggers to register their blogs and a rough count of RSS subscribers. It is worth remembering that RSS subscriber numbers are only one half of the readership of a blog. Many and in some cases all of a blog's readership will simply be visitors to the site. The real reach of Blog Action Day is far greater than the number below. "

20,603 Blog Participated
23,327 Blog Posts (Google Blog Search)
14,631,038 RSS Readers
Courtesy: blogactionday.org

The above is an extract from my blog. You will be able to get many results on this topic in google. May be i believe the next time, the number of bloggers involved would increase exponentially. Hope this happens and the world turns back and something good happens.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
The above link has the complete post.

Yes, an active blogging about the environment could make some people think about what they do with the nature around them. I hope that this will have an effect, and there to show up more trees in the less green areas around the blocks of flats... In my quarter, a loony man did cut massive branches from big birches at the only alley around... Nobody caught him...

Lol. For burning firewood? Eh, environmental conservation affects habitats of animals and causing them to be endangered. So, let's all take part in this, however, how do we do so?

Hehe, not for burning firewood, the wood got on the ground weeks, till somebody gets it. As I said, he is a bit of looney, he rides his bycicle round the alley, but it appears that the tree gots in his way every time he turns at that place... He cut off only the branches on the side of the alley :P

ZAMO and OneMinuute...Do you guys have a blog?? just asking out of curiosity....what kind of blogs and what do the contents that you usually post in your blogs....Have you guys registered for the next blog action day??Spread the word... we will do our job...

Lol, you just don't know him :D I'm sure he hit his head in a lower branch, that made him go and cut them. lol (No, really!) :) I have a blog, but it's idea is not the environment and the ecology :D All it's about is, yeah, spreading the word, but about the browser Firefox :D But, yes, I'm gonna write something 'bout the worldwide problem.

Edited by ZaM0 (see edit history)

Well I have also blog but as it is not based on this that is enviroment I will go for it and I will make some post on the next blog action day.We should make people understand our enviroment and global warming.