xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
html

Changing Mac Of Ethernet Card

Now you can change Mac address of your ethernet card in windows xpstep 1: Double Click on Network iconsstep 2: Select propertiesstep 3: click on configurestep 4: On pop up window goto advanced tabstep 5: now on settings goto locally administered addressstep 6: Changes the MAC address used by this network adapter. The address is a 12-digit hexadecimal number in this range: 0000 0000 0001 - FEFF FFFF FFFF CAUTION: Make sure no other systems on the network use this address.

I guess its nice to know how to do something like that, but when exactly would this come in useful? i.e.: Why would you (have to) change an ethernet card's MAC Adress??

If someone has a LAN connectivity having security of server network on MAC address, when someone on that network in going to change his computer to newone he should know the MAC address of his oldone, just follow my steps and give value of your old computer to newone you can also connected with network else you have to contact with network admistrator.Thanks