xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevethedog

Football Manager 2008

Right having played for a bit here's what I'm noticing.

I haven't spotted a difference with scouting.

The closing down thing obv.

Too many fouls from crosses.

Too many penalty claims.

Seems there is plenty controversy in every game.

Game seems a smidgen faster to me. Saving especially.

Scout reports that suggest a guys character is "run of the mill" is just silly.

I can't find a button that takes me to my squad page, is there one?

I'd rather go to squad page than tactics for "pick team".

As in FM07 we need something between "disappointing" & "well done" other than "none" for team talks.

Couple of pic mistakes in the hibs youth.

SPL teams outwith the OF should not be splashing out near a million let alone over it.

I'm enjoying it though, honest. Who else is playing?

Cheers,

stevethedog.

Ah, at long last, the world's most addictive football game is here for the next season. But, is it worth the wait? Football Manager 2008, while still supremely addictive (like all it's ancestors before), seems to just come up short of offering a really new, refreshing experience. This year's game seems to be aimed at making the FM world much more user friendly. It does this excellently. The new 'Advisor' system would, I imagine, be a very welcome addition for the new would be managers among us. Navigation around the game world has never been easier, with everything organized logically and clearly laid out. The addition of a calendar also helps to sort things out. Scout reports and Transfers are also much more easily managed this time around. Oh and speaking of transfers, it is now much easier to buy players, and thankfully to sell them as well. This is certainly a welcome improvement for me, as a massive amount of frustration came from not being able to sell anyone from my star striker to my reserves goalkeeper, or buy anyone at less than twice their value. The match engine has been noticeably improved this year as far as realism is concerned, however the lack of new tactical options is a bit disappointing. Match Day does feel more involving, with a bit more hype, and things such as 'Key Man Watch'. With all this focus on the game being more user friendly, I would have really like to see more use out of the Assistant Manager, who is still confined to a few mundane tasks. However, the addition of 'Coach Reports' immediately available on every single player in your team, is very helpful when taking over a new club. All in all, this is a good follow up to a great series. While not bringing any innovative or revolutionary elements to the game, it improves nicely on it's predecessor by making the game much more accessible. Recommended to all fans of the FM lifestyle :P

Notice from rvalkass:

Again, copied from /search?q=cache:_G0Om%3Bcd%3D1&gl=uk&gbv=1&sei=JbftV-TUHITHeuuytpAD
QUOTE tags are needed on any material that is not original to the forums.

In the new football manager 2008 will be available over 5 one thousand teams, from around 50 countries distinct. The number of cups and championships will be increased it, as the options to train selections and the coaches to have better conditions and more control over the athletes.Another novelty is the Confidence System, through which coaches are to know what the fans think about their service during the games, on their standard of financial management and on their contracts. FM 2008 will also improvements in the engine of the game, as the option to reduce the size of the field for games training, a better system of rewards, days of the fans and even greater financial control of the club, with detailed information and freedom of sharing the budget available. The graphic level, the interface of the game will be clean for the new version of Football Manager, with the Sports Interactive to promise even the entry of a system of advice, a renewed blocks of notes and reports of coach, the latter to make more easy entry in a new team. And many more will join small stuff. One of the first things the players should start when repair FM 2008 will be that the game is much faster in all sectors. Since the acts of saving or loading games up to the challenges online, it will operate on a more accelerated. One of the most important features of this new Football Manager is called Match Flow. Through this, everything that occurs at the time of games happen at the time, continuously. You can not stop the game to make substitutions or tactical changes. You have to be as this arises, in a second window. :rolleyes:

I play football manager 06 all the time but with this new one as with the 07 version I see absolutly no reason to get it over 06 (where you can change players teams in editor) as it hasnt got any features that I looks at and say wow thats worth an extra ?30 over FM 06.

oh fair play i love this game it is awsome if you havent got it then you cant have good taste in games the football manager games are getting better and better each time a new one comes out un like some wannabe versions that come out such as championship manaager and LMA manager if you dont know what game to get out of any of the ones i just mentioned i seriously suggest you get football manager 2008

I'm a researcher for this game (not a head researcher, just an usual one) and I must say this is the worst edition of the last three. 8.0.1 solves many problems but there's still something unnatural in the way players move (Especially when they defend), on the numbers of penalties missed, etc, etc.Late winter might bring another patch with both date update and game structure development, but I'm afraid it'll a bit too late for the game since it's launch in mid-fall.

Personally I play Championship Manager 2008, but thats only because I've tried out all the 2007 versions of the 3 major games (FIFA manager, Football Manager & Championship Manager). I was considering buying Football Manager 2008, but after trying out the demos it was CM all the way, I really didn't see much improvement in this years Football Manager, but the new Championship Manager has been given almost a complete overhaul, especially to the match engine. To all who are a bit skeptic, I invite you to give Championship Manager.

omg i loved all the championship manager games and have bought or downloaded them all. My own little collection. But now SI Games have gone there own way i follow them and the football manager games. Football manager 2007 was good but FM 2008 is pure quality. having said that i haven't had much time to play it as much as the other games. I found loads of problems with it and one that pissed me off the most was the amount of 90th min goals that would cost you the game. I got this and many bugs sorted tho bu installing patches. There are number of patches on the sigames site and forums around that fix the little problems and bugs that you come across.

team talks are not enough on 2008 fm.....and too many injuries...you have to setup the patches to get rid of injuries bug....the interface is perfect in my opinion ....game engine is quite effective than CM 08....but the game consumes a lot of system resources.especiall Ram...