xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MiniK

Php Rpg Engine Any ideas?

Basically, me and a few friends are developing a /free/ PHP open-source RPG Engine, but we need ideas from real gamers. What sort of things do you like to see in an online game? What features would you expect to see?What kind of storylines do you like?I'd really appreciate it if you could answer some of those questions for us. To make this successful, we will need user-input, and that's what really matters.Thanks for reading and I hope you reply,

Basically, me and a few friends are developing a /free/ PHP open-source RPG Engine, but we need ideas from real gamers.
What sort of things do you like to see in an online game?
What features would you expect to see?
What kind of storylines do you like?

I'd really appreciate it if you could answer some of those questions for us. To make this successful, we will need user-input, and that's what really matters.

Thanks for reading and I hope you reply,

You said an RPG, so I should say I would like to see the complex class / job system. And also, we as public gamers may feel the generic class / jobs are just... too plain. I took one of the examples, in Matrix Online everyone is not just like swordsman, mage, or any like them. We need some skils that are new to us, maybe in Matrix Online one can crack the path, or if one condition met, they could so something special or just like that.

I also want to see graphics even though I don't see too much graphics (like in BattleOn) can give better fun, because some regions of the world may see wait too long loading means to quit playing your game. Graphics are good, but don't be too much for them.

For storyline, I expect something more than just people wandering in a world than do nothing other than monster-slaying (like many browser-RPG). I expect just like in true MMORPG we could have more interraction with history that runs through the game, I mean in the game itself the story is updated in set of moments, so we could see something new more and more. I don't think for online game need for complex storyline, but storyline itself is needed.

I agree with basically everything .hack//GU said.... have lots of pictures and stuff if its going to be browserbased...

Php is a ton of work you'll have to give up alot of time to develope your board with using. It's alot of coding, and troubleshooting and worse of all it's agrivating to see something you worked hard on fail. That's the most frustrating thing regarding any work with php. Hope you are up for it. Not that I don't have faith in you, just kinda have bad experience with it myself. lol.