xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

J.k. Rowling Outs Hogwarts Character ...says wizard (guess who) is gay

this latest news from the wizarding world is gonna be a shock to all harry potter book fans. B) J.K. Rowling (the author of the HP book series) has revealed that one of Harry Potter's mentors (and surely one of the most beloved characters in the series) is gay.

care to venture a guess? clue: master wizard and headmaster of hogwarts. B)

for the revelation (and not to be a spoilsport by indicating the answer in this post myself), click here.

do i hear Harry Potter book fans gasping!? :P it adds a new layer to this character, which could prompt a re-read of the HP series to dig into hints which could have been dropped by J.K. Rowling in them. perhaps it could be illuminated in the remaining movies in the series which are yet to be shot and shown. or it could be elucidated in further detail in the encyclopedia of the harry potter universe which J.K. Rowling has promised to write very soon.

several more revelations come your way 

website: the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/10/20/j-k-rowling-at-carnegie-hall-reveals-dumbledore-is-gay-neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more

-- concerning Neville Longbottom and his married life
-- what Petunia Dursley was not able to say with words to Harry Potter during the final moments when the Dursley family was being whisked away by the wizards to safety
-- about the moving portraits in hogwarts, and snape's portrait
-- and much, much more!

LMAO!!! He is gay.... Well I have no idea why Rowling said that though.. There was no reason that the Headmaster should be homosexual. Did it for publicity????Whatever the reason.. I liked the books but I never considered them the greatest works of literature. Yes I guess many kids are gonna be disappointed that one of the best characters has turned out to be gay. No more comments or else I might get lynched by Harry Potter Fans.. Albus.. How are you taking this???

Yeah I saw that I nearly died from laughing so hard, sent albus a IM about it haven't got a response from him so I might send a pm later on :P. Yeah I like to know where in the books it mentions he's gay, I say its a sent to make some more cash off her books or she wouldn't be doing it. From the way I see it, if your going to out a character in a book you better make sure you can back that up in the book because you sure don't see it in the movies and from the books I did read it didn't seem obvious. Of course I don't plan on reading them just to find the clues. Of course the the few million websites that will start producing hints and claim they knew it all along will start popping up. Either way its a publicity stunt, why she did it who knows because she sure doesn't need the cash right now.

I don't think its about cash. I think its about fitting the story together, as it gives a better reason for Dumbledore to be with Grindelwald constantly. Also, it supports the gay-rights group's cause, as i'm sure it would help, with a high profile, much loved children's book character being gay.

Although I'm not a Harry Potter fan I find that deeply disturbing. Putting gay people into children books may have some side effects. I don't agree with homosexual behavior as I don't agree to use force against it. But people should see homosexuality is not normal. And even if some people refuse to admit the horrible truth society has a role in the homosexuality behavior since it puts a "normal" stamp on homosexuality. I don't want to make they homosexuals what they are not, but I do want to make clear for the rest of us that homosexuality is NOT normal. So putting a gay character in Harry Potter, which has a huge effect on so many children, could potentially do more bad then good. To tolerate does not mean to advertise homosexuality. And thats exactly what J.K. Rowling is doing!

To me, that is awful. Homosexuality in children books? Also, I don't like that behavior because it's against moral and religious beliefs. My brother adores Harry Potter books - he's just obsessed! But, when I told him that I heard Dumbledore is gay, he understood that as a joke. He just doesn't want to accept that....