xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Rpg Tsukuru RPG Maker XP

Has anyone ever wanted to create their own RPG? Well now you really can. I found this Game design program. Its good for newbs and experts. How? For newbs there are simple options that allow you to create your game. For experts, you can modify the scripting to fit your liking. Here the information I found on it:

"RPG Maker is a program that allows users to create their own role-playing games. Most versions include a tile set based map editor, (tilesets are called chipsets in pre-XP versions), a simple scripting language for scripting events, and a battle editor. All versions include initial premade tilesets, characters, and events which can be used in creating new games. An interesting feature of the PC Versions of RPG Maker programs is that a user can create new tilesets and characters, and add any new graphics he/she wants. Several sites have developed, dedicated to helping users share their creations."

The versions out right now are:

"RPG Maker 95
RPG Maker 95 was the first Microsoft Windows-based RPG Maker released, in Japanese from the ASCII company. Despite being an early version, RPG Maker 95 has both a higher screen resolution, and higher sprite and tile resolution than the later version of RPG Maker 2000.

[edit]RPG Maker 2000

RPG Maker 2000 (also called RM2k) was the second release of RPG Maker for Microsoft Windows. While it is possible to do more with RM2k, it uses lower resolution sprites and tiles than RPG Maker 95. However, it does not have a noticeable limit of 'sprites', unlike RM95 which can only use one 'set', RM2k can use an unlimited number of sprite sheets with specific sizes for each type. The tilesets also have a similar non-limitation, however due to the fact that tiles must be entered into a database, there is a limit on tiles. This limit however is rarely a problem (normally 5000), and even when it is, an unofficial patch exists which can bump most limits much higher at the risk of potential game corruption.

[edit] RPG Maker 2003

Unlike the difference between RM2k and RM95, RPG Maker 2003 (Also referred to as RM2k3, and sometimes RM2k/3) is largely an improvement of RM2k, RM2k games can be ported to RM2k3 (but not back to RM2k, the conversion is permanent), and most resources are interchangeable. It does however feature a side-view battle system similar to the Final Fantasy games on the Super Nintendo. This was the first version made by Enterbrain, which had previously been a part of ASCII.

[edit] RPG Maker XP

RPG Maker XP (Also referred to as RMXP) is the first RPG Maker which can use Ruby, making it the most powerful, programming-wise. However, many normal, simplified features present in RM2k(3) have been removed. Most of these features, however, have been programmed with Ruby, and distributed online.

RMXP runs at 1024x768 resolution (though games made in it run at 640x480), while offering four times the playable area of its predecessors. Additionally, it allows greater user control over sprite size (there is no specific image size regulation for sprite sheets) and other aspects of game design. This more open-ended arrangement, coupled with the inclusion of the Ruby Game Scripting System (RGSS) makes RPG Maker XP more versatile than other versions in the series, at the cost of a steeper learning curve.

[edit] RPG Maker VX

RPG Maker VX is the latest RPG Maker version announced by Enterbrain. It's official release is scheduled for Dec. 27 2007, and the online shopping website Play-Asia.com is already selling the program as a pre-sale at the cost of USD 99$. In this new maker, the interface will be more user-friendly, allowing new users to create their games with ease. Also, the frames per second rate was doubled, allowing a higher quality in gaming. The programming language Ruby will still be the same. Also, a new editor and a new RTP are included.

[edit] Illegal distribution

Notably, each PC version of RPG Maker has been, in some form, distributed illegally through the internet.[5] RPG Maker 95, as well as translation patches for the Super Nintendo titles RPG Maker Super Dante and RPG Maker 2, were translated and distributed by a group called KanjiHack. In 1999 KanjiHack closed upon receiving a cease and desist e-mail from ASCII's lawyers. RPG Maker 95 was re-released with a more complete translation under the name "RPG Maker 95+" by a Russian programmer, under the alias of Don Miguel,[6] who later translated and released RPG Maker 2000. Later versions, RPG Maker 2003, and RPG Maker XP, were similarly translated and distributed by a programmer under the alias of RPG Advocate. RPG Advocate took the translated versions and patches off his website and later promoted the full English version of RPG Maker XP. Both of the translations that RPG Advocate made are still in circulation."

I like this program a lot. I'm not going to post a link to download because its probably illegal. (it was translated into english for illegaly, its japanese originally.

Notice from rvalkass:

Copied from Wikipedia. Anything you copy must be in quote tags.

Yea, I've used RPG Maker 2000, and 2003, and I currently have RPG Maker XP Postality Knights Edition (spelling?) installed on my comp. It's very handy, and fun to use, but creating a "full" game actually takes lot of time and it can be tedious to find suitable battle sprites, characters, faces, and backgrounds. Luckily though, there are a myriad of RPG Maker communities around the net that offer a vast array of tools and downloadable graphics. They help a lot. I never actually finished any of the projects that I started on (any version of) RPG Maker, but I had a lot of fun while trying.

Yea, I've used RPG Maker 2000, and 2003, and I currently have RPG Maker XP Postality Knights Edition (spelling?) installed on my comp. It's very handy, and fun to use, but creating a "full" game actually takes lot of time and it can be tedious to find suitable battle sprites, characters, faces, and backgrounds. Luckily though, there are a myriad of RPG Maker communities around the net that offer a vast array of tools and downloadable graphics. They help a lot. I never actually finished any of the projects that I started on (any version of) RPG Maker, but I had a lot of fun while trying.

English-languaged RPG Maker XP comes in 3 forms, a first edition which still have dll in Japanese and have various bugs, the second edition called Postality Knights (anyone can tell me why they made this name???) and the latest is the legal English-RPG Maker that I had installed in my comp. (though I use cracked version)

The greatest achievement is RPGMaker XP could have various battle system (compared to the predesessor that so many RPG-maker games have similar battle system), but becuase the legal is out, I rarely see the free games available (not like RPG-Maker 2000 that have abundant number of free games in various sites).

Yeah. It is a really handy tool. I like how you can change the graphics with Ruby Scripting. Say, what are the links to some of these sites with the add-ons.

Well, http://charas-project.net/ is an essential one. It has custom character, face, and battle sprite generators. They're basically online apps that let you pick a base face or body and add-on features step-by-step (such as hair, clothes, and accessories). You can access these "makers" by clicking the one you want (right under the Google search bar and to the left of the ads). There is also an offline version of these programs available for those with slower internet speeds.

Crankeye's download section (http://www.crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads) also has a ton of useful utilities for custominzing things such as in-game icons and glyphs, as well as opening titles.

There are tons of other resources out there that you can easily find from a simple google search, but I have found these two to be among (if not the) best out there.

.Hack//G.U. First, I also like .Hack very much, lol.Second, can you put a name for the third edition so I can type it in on a search engine and download it?Suberatu, thanks for the links, I'm deifinitly gonna check them out.

Been chasing this genre of game for years. I realized that it is really difficult to create a generic PC Rpg and decided to specialize on specific RPG. With the advent of comic book popularity, I also saw a distinct lack of content. That is most games of the comic book genre are now mostly shoot em ups. Which is missing the mark for this game.So, I have taken a stab at this largely untapped market.Checkout: Comicbookthegame.com for more details.

Well, I used RPG Tsukuru 2003 for MANY MANY MANY years and completed a couple of games that don't exist anymore. In fact, I can do almost anything on the program =D. If anybody downloads it and needs help, don't hesitate to ask!BTW, RPG TSUKURU XP IS A ****, never download it, not worth it. 2003 is way more superior and overflows with resourses, heed my words xD