xisto Community
boy-thoj

Anyone Know How To Play The Piano

I don't know how to play the piano but I'm learning by myself with an easy song from the game Silent Hill 2 name Promise. Anyhow, I'm still learning that piece of music and I didn't even get half way through yet. Hopefully I'll finish to learn how to play it because I really like the music. Althought the orginal music wasn't for piano but for the guitar.Well I was just wondering if there were any piano player here. If there is what was the first song/music you learn to play on the piano? And do you still play the piano?

I don't know how to play the piano but I'm learning by myself with an easy song from the game Silent Hill 2 name Promise. Anyhow, I'm still learning that piece of music and I didn't even get half way through yet. Hopefully I'll finish to learn how to play it because I really like the music. Althought the orginal music wasn't for piano but for the guitar.

Well I was just wondering if there were any piano player here. If there is what was the first song/music you learn to play on the piano? And do you still play the piano?

Yes, I know how to play the Piano. B) I have been playing since old school, and still continue to today, about 5 Years (or so) later, but I took a few year break between those 5 years for various reasons. :P I don't remember what the first song I played EVER was though, sorry.

Also, I didn't know they made songs like that for the Piano.. I haven't really wanted to continue playing the Piano lately for many other reasons, but now when I go back to practice I will be more enthusiastic about it then I have been lately. After all, they say the Piano gets the girls (I don't know if that is true lol :P).

My Advice: Start out with the small stuff first. Both of my teachers always said something like, "You have to be able to play/perfect the little stuff before you can play the big stuff". (Something like that) I wouldn't advise you to try and play that song from Silent Hill right now if you are just starting, because if you can't get the notes right, you might get frustrated easily and quit the Piano altogether. You should go to a Music Store and get a book for your age & skill level. Let me know if you need any more help with anything like Notes, Signs, etc.. I'm just a PM away! B)

Edited by kab012345 (see edit history)

Yes, I know how to play the Piano. B) I have been playing since old school, and still continue to today, about 5 Years (or so) later, but I took a few year break between those 5 years for various reasons. :P I don't remember what the first song I played EVER was though, sorry.

Also, I didn't know they made songs like that for the Piano.. I haven't really wanted to continue playing the Piano lately for many other reasons, but now when I go back to practice I will be more enthusiastic about it then I have been lately. After all, they say the Piano gets the girls (I don't know if that is true lol :P).

My Advice: Start out with the small stuff first. Both of my teachers always said something like, "You have to be able to play/perfect the little stuff before you can play the big stuff". (Something like that) I wouldn't advise you to try and play that song from Silent Hill right now if you are just starting, because if you can't get the notes right, you might get frustrated easily and quit the Piano altogether. You should go to a Music Store and get a book for your age & skill level. Let me know if you need any more help with anything like Notes, Signs, etc.. I'm just a PM away! B)

Wow... It's nice to know that you're play the piano. And knowing to play the piano get us get girls? Ahahah, I still think that would never work, although I know that the girl I like right now love piano song.

The song I'm learning, I think it's pretty easy to learn it just that I don't always have the time to learn. Trying so hard on my study and then it's late when I'm done with mostly everything so I just come online to relax. Since I'm not living home right now and the only good piano on my campus isn't in my dorm, and I don't want to wake up other people who are sleeping if I try to practice.

Sorry I got off track. The song Promise by from the game Silent Hill 2 a music design for the guitar but somehow somewhat people on the internet play it on the piano which sound pretty cool. The left hand play the same thing over and over again, except near the end where it change for a while but the after that it get back to what it plays. As the right hand. It only play one note at the time. Pretty easy to learn. Well to me I see it easy to learn, but I just need to find time to be able to practice and so I could finally play the whole song.

As for reading the notes and all, I know a little about it. Just that I haven't encouter something hard in promise as of right now. I mean no black key to play only white ones, and no super crazy thing to do as far I can remember.

But yeah, thank you for being here if I need help with anything. I sure will ask you think if I finally get everything going and have more time so I can play the piano.

I can play piano, I started learing about 8 years ago, but grew out of it 4 years into it. I've recently started to just play by myself, for fun, but I haven't really learned anything new. I don't remember my first song I played, I think I had to learn all the theory and stuff first, but yea, It's fun, but I've never gotten a girl from playing piano :P. It's still great to know though and it really helps when you start learning a new instrument. It helped me alot when I started clarinet.

I taught myself to play improv, and I can play pretty much anything by ear, but my music reading skills are not that great. Anyway, good luck learning and the piano totally does get the girls. :P

I used to play the piano and I got to grade 3 before giving up.
Shame I wasted all that time and didnt carry on.

Maybe you should have. But it's not too late to start learning again :P

I can play piano, I started learing about 8 years ago, but grew out of it 4 years into it. I've recently started to just play by myself, for fun, but I haven't really learned anything new. I don't remember my first song I played, I think I had to learn all the theory and stuff first, but yea, It's fun, but I've never gotten a girl from playing piano B). It's still great to know though and it really helps when you start learning a new instrument. It helped me alot when I started clarinet.

Wow... so now you can play the clarinet too? omg must be super good at plaaying music. Wish I could play at least two instrument ahhah.

Maybe I should have ask what is your favorite piano song instead of the first song you learn how to play. But oh well.
I'm going to try to learn the piano by myself, and maybe after the piano I'll learn something else but I have no idea what though. Maybe the guitar. Bah, I'll see how it goes.

I taught myself to play improv, and I can play pretty much anything by ear, but my music reading skills are not that great. Anyway, good luck learning and the piano totally does get the girls. B)

aww.. I wish i have that skill to play by ear. That always make me jealous. But then again, maybe you were born with it and there is almost no way I can learn that ahahah. Anyhow, thank you for wishing me a good luck learning the piano.

I used to play the piano and I was pretty good; grade 3. I gave up because I got bored of it and I didn't like it any more.I played it for 3 years and it was really handy because the teacher lived 2 doors away from me. The second reason I stopped playing was because it was too expensive. In those 3 years the price double (?7.50 for half an hour to almost ?15 for half an hour + books and exam prices). It really was too much to pay.I play the piano in music at my school, an I'm the best in my class. I'll probably end up regretting giving up some day, but now I'm really glad I did.

Always wanted to play the piano when I was young in school, but at the time seemed out of reach for me to have private lessons. Yeah, eventually we did get to learn it at school, but would've been onto another hobby, or playing sport by the time I eventually had the piano lessons. Far too expensive to have private piano lessons, but getting lessons at school for a band or something, of course there had to be standards met to get em

yup! i do. i was forced to take lessons for about 6 years and practice at lest 1/2 hour every day. i hated practicing and hated the classical crap i was meant to learn. but! to this day i still play. it's more fun and relaxing. especially when i've had a tough day or week, i will just sit down and play when i have the chance and life just doesn't seem as bad after that :D i just bought my first house this year and guess what??? little antique piano came with the house(boy is it heavy for a little thing)! :D:):D i was never that good at reading music for left hand, but i still love to play by ear and screw around with the music i CAN read. i always hated music when growing up. i grew up with two sister who would always play the same songs over and over again(BLAH!) but began to appreciate it in jr. high and especially now. the piano and i have long lasting memories and has gotten me through some rough times :)

*Raises hand* My first song/music was ages ago. Too long to remember. I think I've still got the book somewhere. I remember my first glimpse of the piano in a room. Not soon after, mum took me for my first lesson. The teacher had a book ready, and it was "Part 1" Started off simple :(I then progressed from Part 1 to Part 4. Completing book after book. Easy books of course. Practising at home. I moved from place to place which was a bit tricky as I had to find a new piano teacher. Mum wanted me to play, and she wanted me to pass all the GradesI was on Grade 2 I think before finding my teacher now. I've been with him for... a long time. At least 5 years. He's an excellent teacher, just expensive. My piano teacher now, he's got the title GRSM, whatever that means... I suppose it's good.I've taken exams one step at a time. I have passed all of them...Anyway, I started at the age of 5, been playing for nearly 10 years. It wasn't my decision, was forced into it by my mother. But I don't regret it.I've passed Grade 7 with Distinction. My mother says that when I pass Grade 8, I should give up. We don't have that much money... My teacher said it isn't about grades, exams or even years. It's about becoming a great musician, and that takes time.Anyway, I think I'm going to continue playing the piano. My lessons, however, will take place for another 4 years before I go to university.When that happens, I'll probably stop the lessons and play and learn by myself.I love composing a piece of music, I just make it all up, random...I can read music pretty well, although playing it is another thing entirely. Takes time to learn it well.I don't want to give up, it's a good talent to have. To just listen to a band you like, and be able to play it, is simply... awesome.It also helps when you want to make a band :(I also started learning violin, but I gave that up... Can't remember why now.. probably because it was too tricky and it hurt my fingers :(But time flies... It seems as if it was yesterday...Anyway, I want to play the acoustic guitar, and I'm not giving that up, no matter how hard it is. I can't afford tuition, so I'll be teaching myself. I can read notes, pretty well so it shouldn't be too tricky.It's not just about performance... With piano, learning a bit of history and theory is great as well. :)Anyway, good luck! Start off small, and gradually get pieces that are more trickier...