xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
boy-thoj

Asian Charaters?

Sorry, I don't really know how to give a good despriction of it but I hope you know what I'm talking about.Anyhow, I was wondering what the thing we need to be able to write something like a phrase in Chinese or a word using romanize letter but you type it, it turn to the Chinese character, and the same for Japanese or Korean...For example when I would type "wo" which mean "I" in Chinese if I'm not wrong because I'm not Chinese, then it would turn into the Chinese character for it.Or for Japanese when you write "Akai" which means "red" it would turn to the Japanese characters what would mean red.Ah, really sorry but I don't really know how to explain it better than that. Anyhow do anyone know that thing we need to make my life easier. I'm taking Japanese right now and I'm supposed to write thing in Japanese, for now I'm hand writing it but I've heard that for a final project in Japanese I would have to write something about myself and it needs to be type. And it's really annoying to go and look for each Japanese characters one by one on window microsoft word.Also I need new computer which have nothing to do with the rest of what I just wrote. Ahahah. I hope someone out there know what I mean by what I wrote here and would be able to help me.

Sorry, I don't really know how to give a good despriction of it but I hope you know what I'm talking about.
Anyhow, I was wondering what the thing we need to be able to write something like a phrase in Chinese or a word using romanize letter but you type it, it turn to the Chinese character, and the same for Japanese or Korean...

For example when I would type "wo" which mean "I" in Chinese if I'm not wrong because I'm not Chinese, then it would turn into the Chinese character for it.
Or for Japanese when you write "Akai" which means "red" it would turn to the Japanese characters what would mean red.

Ah, really sorry but I don't really know how to explain it better than that. Anyhow do anyone know that thing we need to make my life easier. I'm taking Japanese right now and I'm supposed to write thing in Japanese, for now I'm hand writing it but I've heard that for a final project in Japanese I would have to write something about myself and it needs to be type. And it's really annoying to go and look for each Japanese characters one by one on window microsoft word.

Also I need new computer which have nothing to do with the rest of what I just wrote. Ahahah. I hope someone out there know what I mean by what I wrote here and would be able to help me.

No offence but life would be much easyer if you used google. The first result to the query "typing japanese characters" had an answer...
According to the website you need to download Microsoft Global IME and after switching the mode in MS word to the language you want to type in, you type in the character using roman letters and it will replace it with Japanese characters (which is what you asked).

Source: http://www.autopenhosting.org/unicode/type-Japanese.html