xisto Community
canner2u

Cruising Vacations

My favorite line is Holland America, because they allow you some freedom over the "gratuities" automatically added to your on-board tab. Most lines just add $10 a day per person and you have no choice but to pay it. Holland America lets you decide whether or not you want to participate in their automated system or wing it on your own, choosing who you tip and how much. Their food is great at both the dining room and the buffet. The buffet is open until midnight and the desserts are fantastic. There is also great entertainment in the show room as well as fun stuff to participate in the lounge.

Haven't decided when our next cruise will be, but are thinking about next year, late in season, perhaps combined with a land tour in Alaska. Would love to go to Hawaii, but am a little hesitant about all that open sea between west coast and Hawaii. Maybe we can fly to Hawaii and cruise around the islands.

I would love to take a cruise, it seems like a really nice vacation. Though I havent ever investigated any prices or anything, the ones I have seen in movies make them look awesome.

I have been on 2 cruises so far ... both with Carnival and will be taking my 3rd one next October ... You do not have to pay the gratuities in advance if you do not wish on Carnival ... yes they will automatically add them as soon as you board however you just have to step to the pursers desk to have them removed, then you can tip as you wish ...I can not speak about the other lines as far as comparing them but do know that I have enjoyed Carnival and look forward to many more cruises with Carnival ...The movies tend to show cruises a bit over the top of reality, but do your research and you will not be disappointed ...