xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dontmaimyourself

Fave Guitarist(s)?

I was just wondering who the favourite guitarist(s) of you are, mine are:1)Ritchie Blackmore - Rainbow/Deep Purple/Blackmores Night.2)Slash - G n' R/ Velvet Revolver.3)Brian May - Queen. and Eric Clapton coz my dad would kill me for leaving him out.

Slash is definately one of the best guitarists ever and probably my favourite of all time other guitarists I like include Dave Murray and Matt Bellamy

I also have to say that matt belamy is one of my favourite guitarists. More for his performance then his technical abillity. I think he has a great style though which not many other artisits haveAlso, one of my other favourite guitarists has to be slash. Lets face it, hes just a dude with a kinda wierd hair doo. I also think he has to be one of the most talented players in the world. Along with john pertruci that is....again, pertrucci is just a dude aswell.

Heh, You didn't listen to Arcturus. Its members are geniuses! The guitarist (Knut M. Valle) plays lovely solos and riffs, the drumer (Hellhammer!) is the best drumer I've ever heard (he plays also in Mayhem, The Convenant), the keyboardist (Steinar Sverd Johnsen) plays like Chopin (;p) and ex-vocalist, Garm, sings like in opera. ;p

here is a link -> http://www.adastraenter.com/

*sigh* It's great to know we've got some guitar players on this board! Haha, anyway...it's VERY hard to narrow my scopes down to a few guitarists, but here it goes!1. John Petrucci - This guy is a monster. If you've never heard of his band, Dream Theater, I suggest you check them out. Fantastic stuff across the board!2. Joe Satriani - If I've ever heard a guitar speak, it's come at the hands of this man. Amazingly fluid with an overall rockin' sound!3. Steve Vai - The epitome of a rock star. This guy is seriously wild, amazingly innovative!4. Eric Johnson - This guy plays a very interesting style of music. I'm inclined to call it jazz fusion. An excellent player, very much a perfectionist. Has singing abilities, too. His voice is almost angelic.5. Gary Hoey - This guy does everything, from Christmas music to surf rock. Very capable, very talented.Other noteworthies: Randy Rhoads, Eric Clapton, Jonny Lang, John Mayer, Zakk Wylde, Jimi Hendrix, Dimebag Darrell (R.I.P.), Jerry Cantrell, Ty Tabor, Al Di Meola, Billy Gibbons, Jimmy Page, Kirk Hammett, Slash, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Michael Romeo, Robert Cray, Eddie Van Halen...I think that's enough for now ;) . Check 'em all out!