xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

This Is Quite Possibly The Most Awkward Situation I Have Ever Been In.

I am usually on the other side of that situation. I have a problem with becoming friends with girls that I like because they might have a boyfriend at the time then later on when they don't have a boyfriend I try to tell them how I feel but I just can't.It really sucks.I say that if you think about him and you smile to yourself that you should give it a shot! You just have to make sure that if it doesn't work out that you guys stay friends!Good luck! Hope I was of help to you.

I have seen this many times before, not to mention been through it time and time again. I would ask him if he would like to go to the movies or for a coffee.The worst that can happen is that he will say no.On the other hand, if you feel like things are going well, ask him out on a date. (guys are awkward around girls too, so take a big step and just do it) If he likes you in a "likes" way, then you shouldn't have a problem. It may seem like, you are afraid of what they will say or do or think. (I learn't a while ago, as long as you think highly of yourself, then it doesn't matter what others think.)hope this helps.Give us more info as it becomes avalible

Hey guys,
I just found out that a close friend "likes" me.

I don't know what to talk to him about becuase i feel akward being around him

he is sorta cute, but i dont know

Well the obvisous first step would be to sort out your feelings for him. Just a friend, you like him more then a friend etc. etc. Once you are sure, then you have t be sure he likes you and confront him about it, see what he has to say, but let him know your choice. The friendship is only likily to die of you keep trying to hide the fact from each other, where if your both open and talk about it then it most likily becomes something you look back at and laugh at how you could have thought about sucha silly little thing or look back and tell your kids thats how you and there father got together! :PB)

*puts on a suit and tie*I agree with sharing your thoughts on the matter. *takes it off*I think that you guys should not-so-much go out on dates AS dates, but hang out more and instead of being awkward, be more comfortable.Is he nice? A good guy? You guys are friends... and he is kind of cute, so win-win?I always figured that some of the best relationships come out from friends dating each other simply because they already know each other rather well and if you can live with each other's crap, why not get together? :P I guess I can see how it can be awkward at first, but only time will tell whether you guys can actually go out or if it would be too weird. But you'll actually have to try it out.I know it's so much easier said than done, and a lot of us have been in those very same shoes you wear now. I say that you give it an honest shot and try it out. Spend more time with him, offer to hang out more, and maybe something will click. If it does, awesome. If not, at least you tried the opportunity instead of sitting around wondering.

I am actually in the same situation. I haven't let it change my friendship though. We are just friends, we haven't really talked about how we feel about each other (mainly because she hasn't told me herself that she likes me), but I know. I think the best idea is to just do things together as friends, try not to feel awkward and try not to lead him on if you don't feel the same for him.

Hi,How close were you guys?? I mean if you were close then you can probably talk this out with him. I am sure if he really likes you, he will understand. Are you attracted towards him?? IF yes then talk it out with him.Is he any good, not the physical attributes but is he understanding and does he listen. I would recommend that you guys just stay friends for now as he might have probably gotten a crush on you because he was comfortable with you :P I remember when I was 12 and my best friend asked me out in front of the whole class.. I never expected it but my classmates wanted us to go out for we were "the golden couple" :P i declined and now he realized that he was just attracted to me at that time. We are still the best of friends. I'll have to say that t is easy to sort this issue for you are single. It gets really awkward when you are dating and then realize that your friend has a crush on you.. Been there done that and still doing it B)Anyway, all that I can say is that, you try to talk it out with him and do not feel shy or awkward.. You guys are doing nothing wrong B) Best of luck

Well you'd have to sort out your own feelings first. If you really do not have romantic feelings for him and can't bring yourself to have romantic feelings for him, there's no point trying to give it a shot because he likes you. You may end up ruining a wonderful friendship.

Is he nice? A good guy? You guys are friends... and he is kind of cute, so win-win?
I always figured that some of the best relationships come out from friends dating each other simply because they already know each other rather well and if you can live with each other's crap, why not get together? :P I guess I can see how it can be awkward at first, but only time will tell whether you guys can actually go out or if it would be too weird. But you'll actually have to try it out.

Spend more time with him, offer to hang out more, and maybe something will click. If it does, awesome. If not, at least you tried the opportunity instead of sitting.

I find my post pretty pointless after reading this reply. XD It's definitely win-win IF you do have the same feelings for him [if not, then more friendly hangouts would click something, maybe] and you know him rather well being his close friend.

Sitting just thinking about what to do won't do any good. You're friends and dating a new guy wouldn't really change how more friends know you. If you do have feelings I would definitely suggest you to do something about this as this is really an awkward situation but if it hits off well, trust me nothing would make you happier than having a guy who knows and understands you!

I think the best idea is to just do things together as friends, try not to feel awkward and try not to lead him on if you don't feel the same for him.

I'd hundred percent agree to this post. If you don't like him or think you would never be able to like that guy, then DO NOT make him feel like you like him or something. Otherwise things can pretty much turn ugly at a later point of time. And if you really like him too, try going out on a couple of friendly hangouts (won't really call them dates) alone and think about it. And then decide what to say to him.