xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Crazy Vista?

idk whats wrong.. i was just browsin the web, just installed latest version of AIM, i signed out of aim, loaded GunZ to play, and then the noise wouldn't work..It didnt work for itunes either, but it worked for like youtube.. so i restarted, now everthing is like.. fat.. i mean like slow and not working, i clicked system restore, it said it was already open, and now something is flashing on my screen idk what.. im scanning for viruses now..

Well that sounds stupid. I hate hearing accounts of stuff like this happening because it makes me not want to get vista.It accordance to your problem; I am not sure what would have done it. Browsing the web gives a lot of security risk even with vista being so strict. Having downloaded something that could have opened a hole for something to come in. I don't think running the game has anything to do with it though. I would say just run some more scans and try to get windows restore to open again also. Other than that you might have to just bring it into a shop at a last resort.Good luck in resolving your problem mate.

i just system restored its fine now, i reinstalled aim, it happend again, so i system restored, and its back to normal, so aim 6.5 DOES NOT work with vista

Yeah, I think the version they say they made for Vista is still in BETA so that would most likely explain it all. Glad you got it all worked out though mate! Maybe you should send in a report about your problem to them!

Just downgrade your upgrade to a grade that's higher than your current grade. You get a free ring ding! Nah, I've never used Vista and although people say bad stuff about it, I'm tempted to try it. :P

I wouldnt have thought it was a virus.Maybe your soundcard has a compatibilty issue with aim.why not check the soundcard manufacturers website, see if there is a list of known problems.An easy way to solve this, is to just, format your hard disk, and start again, re install windows.why not try just aim and your soundcard driver, see if there is a colision, before you install everthing else.

Edited by minimcmonkey (see edit history)

i just system restored its fine now, i reinstalled aim, it happend again, so i system restored, and its back to normal, so aim 6.5 DOES NOT work with vista

AIM isn't the only one not working with Vista. Thousands of other software too!

In here (alone), I can find at least 2 other members having problems with Vista.

I have friends who switched back to Windows Xp after all the Vista hassle. lol