xisto Community
mojoman

Have Sex, Win A Fridge

http://www.couriermail.com.au/nocookies

THE streets will be empty and the curtains drawn in the Russian region of Ulyanovsk as residents enjoy a Day of Conception public holiday to help stem Russia's demographic crisis and win great prizes.Ulyanovsk Governor Sergei Morozov has declared September 12 a Day of Conception, and is giving couples time off from work to procreate. Couples who give birth nine months later on Russia's national day — June 12 — will receive money, cars, refrigerators and other prizes.

What do you think about that? Is it too patriotic or would you do the same for your country (lol at the second option)? Or do you think it fits into the russian mind?

wow, that's all I have to say. This is kind of embarrassing as a race that governments are now giving incentives to have sex. I know if the U.S. did anything like this there would be an uprising, but even though it's Russia, it's still very embarrassing.

LOL what a great idea.It should be a must for all country's, you would have a lot of smile the next day thats for sure.But one question does it only apply for couples, or can anyone enter the contest, What about single people???

Well.. I think that is a bit much huh?I know russians are crazy but wow.I think that is a little over the top.But why only couples?^^Like the guy above me single people should be able to enter.

Well thats going to be really great news for people who wanted to have a baby anyways. Imagine that, they want a child and now they are even going to get a prize for it. Lets just hope irresponsible parents dont just have a child for the prize and then regret having that child. I think that the most effective way of increasing the number of population would be to promote good economy and increase job opportunities and promote that throughout the world. Thats what Australia is doing, though I dont really know how its working out for them, I am tempted to go to Australia though.

This isn't really a good idea, since not everyone can gt a baby just be having sex, there are also the other factors. This might even increase the spread of HIV/AIDS.And also like the person above, many people (especially those that are poorer) will have a children and claim the prize then abandon the child.And also what if someone has a premature birth? or what if someone has twins? will they get an extra prize?

Great idea if your country's population is swindling down.But this could be misused as people can have a baby, get the prize and then abandon the baby.Think if the Indian government made such an announcement, the already 150 Crore population will nearly double and it will become the worlds most populous country and there wont be land for people to live :P

This is a very bad idea. It is encouraging people to make babies even if they are not ready. This could lead to terrible parenting and a damaged child. People usually wait until they know they're ready unless its an accident or something. Terrible idea.

Well, although it was done possibly for good, perhaps they should try other methods. I have a few various ideas, ill list below. There is probably a reason the population in russia is not as, lets says, wanted. This is probably (just assuming) because of living conditions, jobs, healthcare, education, government policies. ---One---The government should attempt to overall increase healthcare, education, and living conditions in the country. That will increase people wanting to live there. While this (obviously) does not make babies, it does decrease emigration, increase immigration, and overall influence the population.If the country has a good healthcare system, justice system, government policies, equality, less warfare, better education, ect - who doesnt want to live there? To be more indepth, ill give you a few minor examples. With better healthcare, more people will obviously want to live there, but life expectancy will increase aswell as less deaths. This can be done with more funding and benefits for healthcare workers/nurses/doctors/media awareness. A good solid fair justice system will also increase equality - with that comes immigration. A better education will influence immigration, the welfare of the people, and the future of the country - overall contributing to a healthy living condition. These are just a few examples, im sure you can think of more---Two---Multiculturalism. If the country has more equality and benefits for various cultures, this will bring more people. Instead of being so dedicated to one religion and building and developing various areas to various cultures, immigrants will flock. With an overpopulated asia just south of them, and a largely populated middle east west of them - a few established multicultural cities will greatly increase the population.---Three---Education and media awareness. This is directly related to the idea of influencing people to procreate with prizes, instead of giving people prizes for having a baby on a particular day, they should instead give benefits to having child. Similar to Canadas/United States position after world war 2. The idea of giving prizes is an immature idea, and with more development could spawn a great idea. For example, the government could award a monthly cheque for every child up to say 4 years. Of course there are drawbacks to this idea, but it can be temporary placed for immediate results. You can debate this, saying that parents will have more children they will abandon or neglect just to receive some money - and this probably will occur. But there is loopholes in every system.Those are a few ideas that came to me. Basically, the government should make living conditions better and simply put - make the country a good one to live in.

lol I'm glad that you have the same opinion as me. We do already have quite an overpopulated world. But if every country wants to win the "mass-populating-fight" and if every government gives prizes for childs that are born at the national day we would have reached the limit of overpopulation very soon. Like delivi said: There would not be enough land and places to live, not enough food etc.But I still think we should not overestimate this. This governor Sergei Morozov is probably just leading a small state of russia and it's nothing serious...But who knows...^^Edit: @9block: You have some good points. But I have a little problem with "Two" - the multiculturalism. I do not believe that the russians really want to have that. I heared that russia is afraid of the chinese growth in population. Across the russian-chinese border yearly thousands of chinese are immigrating. While china does not care about that (a few tenthousand people more or less - who notices that if you have a population of 1,3 billions) russia is really feeling it like an invasion because of its few inhabitants...So I guess russia rather would like to have "real russian" babys instead of multicultural immigrants...

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

I guess all of us here know the government made a mistake when they introduced this policy. I can understand that they are concerned about their country's population and all but I guess this is not the way that they should ahve tackled it.Like many above have mentioned.. There is a chance that the baby might get neglected and in the end up growing negative or with diseases. Then you will hear the government blaming parents and starting camps for parents :PAlso what if youngsters join this rat race due to pressure.. What if a girl's dad forces to have a baby so that they can get the prize... Did they not consider that as a possibility. The option of adoption is there which I feel is safer than normal children for the kids would get a home and even if the child was being exploited, the parents can be caught due to rules and regulations.. I do not know how exactly that would work but what I am trying to say that adoption instead of conceiving would have helped the issue of child abuse, illiterates and poverty.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/nocookiesWhat do you think about that? Is it too patriotic or would you do the same for your country (lol at the second option)? Or do you think it fits into the russian mind?

Russians are crazy..
but imagine that it is implemented in India!
No Indian ll miss this oppurtunity to prove his love for country.After all it is said "Indian work harder at night than day" :P
Edited by satyaparija (see edit history)

that's a very funny idea i dont think it's going to be very effective because i dont the reason peope dont have a lot of kids is not from a lack of a refrigirated ( this is true in the US maybe not russa??) i don think a lot of people are going to do it. it's just more mouths to feed.

That's strange...But again, there's not a lot of chance for you if be the winner. Who ever will win it is really lucky then.Would I do it for my country if they have something like that happening? Hmm... No thanks. Well, I'm not even married or have a girlfriend. And plus it's not me who's going to who's going to be pregnant and have to deal with everything the child will bring. Also, I'm not ready to be a father yet.

Pretty bad idea I reckon.Getting everyone to have sex is going to spread all kind of STIs. Just saying to all the people in early posts saying about single people if they can enter. If you can find someone willing to have sex with you I guess that can count, there must be a reason your single though :P (yes I'm single too, destined to die alone xD)Anyway.Over-population is a decent issue in the world today, the last thing we need is the largest nation in the world making more people. We need less people damn it. They should hold a contest thats like. "Don't have sex for a few months and win a freezer =D"Also as alot of people have previously stated. If someone does it just for the prize, they may abandon the child. This is indeed a serious problem. Russia could see a massive rise in abandoned orphans. Hundreds of them could litter the streets. However being just babies would die within weeks, maybe days. Literring the streets of russia with hundreds of dead babies. Which will rot and then stink and such. And you dont need that D=<In conclusion.Silly idea russia stop being so silly.