xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeM0nFiRe

Game Development Category

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?I was thinking that it would be great if there was a section for Game Development. I know there's a section in computers fro game programming, but there's a whole lot more to Game Dev than just programming. I think it could really bring in alot of posts, and I know that I personally would be posting in there all the time. What does everyone else think? Am I making sense to anyone? I think it'd be really a really awesome idea.

I think this has been posted before but the section never got created.I also think it would be a cool idea but its not that big of a deal if it dosnt get created. You can just post it in one of the other forums.

this good idea. many people now learn skills to develope games, and they look forums where they can talk about programs to develop games. sometime they go away if they don't find forum, but if you have forum, they will not go away, but register and answer or ask to questions.

You are right! There is more to game development than just game programming. To develop a proper game, you need a team of producers, directors,artists, programmers etc. If you are developing games alone, then you definitely need the game development platform, tools , tutorials to get yourself started. Therefore I hope all you game deveopers out there will really share the best and popular game development tools out there as well as tips and industry best practices to help anyone who is interested to develop games but do not know where and how to start.

I too like this idea. Why not create games by real gamers instead of some giant corporation telling the rest of us which game to play?

Introducing GDLab - Game Development Lab.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/312-game-development-lab-gdlab/

Let me know if you want to set a standard for this forum. For example, post only new ideas and actual working demos etc. I would like to search and see if anything posted in this section is/can be sanctioned for intellectual copyright.

i just moved one thread for making MMORPG (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) to this new forum. an old thread, but i hope that can help jumpstart the discussion over there. besides, it properly belongs there. :)

Thanks DeM0nFiRe, i just noticed the new forum up. It would make me more active as well. I see your already posting your RMXP stuff there. Im using my Xisto account for an RMXP forum too :) I guess we can teach the Xisto members a couple of things about game development.