xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itek4u

Netflix New Accounts Rip Off

The other day I was on a site that offered a NetFlix link. I clicked on it because I heard how great NetFlix is and have seen others use it. The link said that signing up was totally free and that they won't charge your card until after the trial period. Not true! They charged me the minute I clicked on the link that said they would not charge you and it immediately took money out of my account. Talk about false advertising!

Wow that's really bad company policy. I hope you managed to get the money refunded back?

Wow, thats definatly illegal isn't it? Fraud? Im pretty sure that would fall into the category. Kinda gay, how much did they charge you? I never use netflix, im sticking to good old blockbuster, their doing the same *BLEEP* that netflix does, plus they have a store so if you need to you can go in and complain. I don't know if netflix has a store, but im guessing they don't. But I think even blockbuster may be cheaper? I never really compared.

Wow, that SUCKS! I'm glad I didn't fall for their slick advertising trick! I read up on it once, you could have a 2 week trial before paying, but you could only see 2 movies, and they would just send one at a time. Buy the time you watched the first and mailed it back, you would not have time to mail back the second movie before your trial was up and you would end up paying for it anyway. And of course, you have no way of knowing when they would recieve the second movie you sent back, so it would be very unlikely you would get it "free." I'm quite sure they would charge you anyway, and just lie about when the movie got back. It just amazes me the way these companies come up with ways to cheat people.

Netflix isn't that bad. They may try to cheat you, but what company doesn't? Once you're with them, everything's fine, at least it has been for us. My family has been using Netflix for at least a couple of years, I think, and we've only gotten a few scratched discs, and all we had to do was clean them, and they were fine.I wouldn't start getting stuff from a company just because of a free trial, though, because they all have ways to cheat you out of it.

Well one way or the other Apple has still made the biggest mistake of all because they just pulled out they merciless marketing trick. To find out what marketing price aere people ready to pay for teh brand new iPhone and what they did they put tax on first buyers of 200 bucks and even if they returned 100 bucks they still get hold on the other hundred and the hundred you got back you have to spent in their store so its one way ro the other best for them. So you see companies can do such marketing tricks and taxes on fools online in web dictionary.

Well it's still stupid to trick people with "Advertising". I know this must be the only way they get new members, but they should limit it a bit.Why not just buy the DVD's you want lol, then skip the "leasing" x]

They are supposed to charge u in the beginning if you read the terms and conditions it tells you that they take the money out, if you cancel the subscription then they will put the money back into your account. thats what they say, its because no one reads the terms and conditions because they arn't importaint and they can advertise they dont charge you because they technichly dont they give u the money back... it all works out but if u keep the money in there then they take it after the 14 day trial. they think people are serious about netflix and they dont think they are gonna quit after they try it.they ended up getting me that way also i payed the 14 bucks for the third option then i ended up stickin with it i dont mind because its a real cool service...

was it netflix that charged your account or a third party as an affiliate. i know that my sister and husband have subcribed to netflix and have had an account for a couple years now with no problems. she raves about them.i was thinking of subscribing to their basic service to start off with after hearing her reviews of the company and how they operate because i LOVE movies...especially when my wife and i have just finished cooking our diner, we like to go upstairs and watch t.v.(hopefully a good movie is on) together.so if you can update us on what happened with that issue, that would be great. i'm very interestedi believe neflix right now offers 1 week free trial? i think i saw an ad that stated something like that. when they charged your card, was it for the monthly fee or did that charge a low amount(like a dollar) to make sure your card is active? some companies do this, but they have to let you know they will be doing this and you would have to agree to that.also, i believe companies can reserve a certain amount of money on your card without actually charging it just to make sure it's there. you balance will show no change, but your available balance will be lower. maybe this is what happened?please update on this issue and explain what they actually charged and if you resolved this problemthanks